Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Mora\'s Vick games

Belichick has 'probable' cause: Releases unusual injury report
By Karen Guregian
Thursday, October 13, 2005 - Updated: 07:02 AM EST

FOXBORO – Aside from the three players listed as out for Sunday's game in Denver, Patriots coach Bill Belichick penciled in 15 players as "probable" on the week's initial injury report yesterday.

Not questionable. Not doubtful. But probable, which is an incredibly rare designation from the Belichick regime, and exactly the designation given to Atlanta's Michael Vick for the first three days last week before being downgraded to questionable following the Saturday walkthrough.

Might this be Belichick's not-so-subtle way of sending a message to the league, which apparently looked into the Falcons' injury reports but didn't find any fault for their handling of their quarterback's status last week?...

It was interesting to note that television cameras appeared to catch Vick on the field following the game, saying to Brady that he wouldn't be able to play this week either. Although Vick seemed to contradict that with remarks to reporters yesterday, that candid aside might have been a truer indication of the severity of his knee injury last week.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Mora\'s Vick games

Belicheck is the last guy in the world who should be whining about this. Pot meet kettle.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:01 PM

I don't really follow all the injury report stuff so I wouldn't know whether Belichick does it a lot or not.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Hilarious.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really follow all the injury report stuff so I wouldn't know whether Belichick does it a lot or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow! I'm not an expert (obviously) but how does one build a system that completely ignores injuries? I don't expect an answer, your system is your system and I don't expect you to share how it works (though I'm very grateful that you share picks from it) and you're a proven winner so I should just shut up, but wow! This shocks me.

I'm shocked
FishNChips
Old 10-13-2005, 06:40 PM

lol for exactly the reason Belichick is exposing...NFL mandated injury reports are provided for the casual bettor and are highly distortive and inexact. I am well aware going into a week who's out, who's healthy and the line usually reflects this.

Perhaps I should have written "NFL injury report", not injury reports in general.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:43 PM

The real victim in all this is the poor fantasy player, we gotta make a starting lignup too!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol for exactly the reason Belichick is exposing...NFL mandated injury reports are provided for the casual bettor and are highly distortive and inexact. I am well aware going into a week who's out, who's healthy and the line usually reflects this.

Perhaps I should have written "NFL injury report", not injury reports in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK - I shall resume my reading every word that you write! Thanks for clarifying.

Your contributions here are highly highly valued!

FishNChips

ps .. your debates with Sublime in your season tracking thread are invaluable to a n00b like me. I appreciate the back and forth on them without attacking one another -- quite refreshing for an internet MB.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK - I shall resume my reading every word that you write! Thanks for clarifying.

Your contributions here are highly highly valued!

FishNChips

ps .. your debates with Sublime in your season tracking thread are invaluable to a n00b like me. I appreciate the back and forth on them without attacking one another -- quite refreshing for an internet MB.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thanks FnC. It takes a *really bad* day or something personal to get me going. Making money at sports betting is difficult -- there's nothing better than picking brains to improve at this.