Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 07:00 AM

Default PP, 20+2, Defending Your BB & Related Hands

Blinds were 400/800. In hand before, Villain rose to 1600 in CO and both blinds called, board came JJ768, Villain took one stab @ flop with a 1700 bet, then checked down his AQ.

Next hand, action folded to Villain (T16103) in the Hijack seat, he raises min. again. Not much info besides that AQ last hand. I did, however, see him make a gross overbet on the river, after making a modest turn bet. I have 3-9 in the bb, action is folded to me. I have a stack of T11764 before I post. What should I do?? I hate folding to min. raises on my bb, but with only 15bbs in my stack i hate burning one on trash like 3-9o. If I go over the top, I felt he was loose enough that if he had a similar holding to the AQ he had in the previous hand, he'd call my AI. Do I see a flop, and try to make the best hand or outplay him?

Two hands later, I'm on the button with A8o, i was planning on taking the blinds, but, AGAIN, Villain (T17303) makes that same min. raise. My stack is T10500. The SB, BB, have stacks of 20k and 8.5k, respectively. The SB was very loose, forcing a SS to all-in in a raised pot after a flop of A-K-9, SB had 98o. Should I go over the top or look for a better opportunity? There was a lot of loose action going on. Big hands were getting paid off. So I figured I could afford to wait and pick off some blinds when I got to be the open raiser. Thoughts??
Old 10-13-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: PP, 20+2, Defending Your BB & Related Hands

I fold to the min-raise in the first hand. You have no hand and you're not confident you can move him off his hand. You also have very little chance of flopping something you want to continue with. You're also out of position.

The second hand sounds fine for a resteal IF you believe the villain is raising a lot of pots to steal the blinds. I can't get a read on the villain from the 3 hands you've posted. I can tell you that the pot is 2800 -- more if there are antes -- and you have 10,000 behind. I can also say that those chips would look pretty good in your stack. If I believed the villain to be aggressive and raising a lot of hands in late position, I'd certainly consider a push here.