Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Calling All-In\'s with Draws

Hand 1

Early rebuy period (25/50) at live tourney at local B&M (Bay 101). Only relevant read is that everyone is a maniac during the rebuy. And they chase too.

Two MP limpers to my BB (SB folds). I check my option with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8:diamond. Flop brings a 3, 7, & 9 with two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s. I check, middle player checks, and last player bets the pot (about t175). I decide to call and see if I hit my flush. Middle player folds. Turn is a T non-diamond. I bet t400 and opponent goes all-in (about t1500). I have her covered and have about 15 outs (to nut flush and OESD) with 1 card to come. Call it?

Hand 2

Post Rebuy but still early (100/200). Folded to Button who raises to t500. I'm in the small blind with TT. My read on the BB is that he's ready to muck. The button is tougher to read. He's raised about 6 pots in 6 orbits and won them uncontested. Hasn't had to show down a hand. His right hand is in a cast and shakes alot whenever he's involved in a pot though.

I decide to call and play for set value. Flop is 9, J, Q rainbow. I decide to check. Of course button pushes all-in about t5000. Do I call?

Comments on my line at all streets welcome.

Thanks, John