Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 08:22 PM

Default A high Flush draw

Any mistakes?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (6.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 18.70 BB
Old 10-12-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: A high Flush draw

Wow. The flop is great for you. Top pair and a flushdraw = lots of equity.
Bet it!

When you check, at least check-raise.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 PM

That's the best flop in the history of internet poker. You have between 47 and 309 outs, depending on if your nut low outs are live*. IF cutoff is particularly aggressive and can be counted on to unthinkingly and blindly click bet if checked to, a check-raise for value is in order. If there's more than about a 10% chance he's checking (arbitrary number), go ahead and do the betting yourself.

* - Depending on your knowledge of other forms of poker, you should either find this intensely funny, ignore it completely, or pretend it was funny because I'm Paxosmotic and you're not.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:40 PM

I'm all for check-raising this flop for a free card, and then leading the turn if anything that remotely resembles a brick comes. Check/calling this flop is terrible IMO, whether to lead or check/raise is read dependant, as has already been mentioned. Congratulations on UTG+2 hitting a lower flush or straight.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for check-raising this flop for a free card

[/ QUOTE ]
There really is no way you can c/r for a freecard,
this only can work in position.

Also, we are very likely to have the best hand here and a really strong draw. Our equity is huge. If you check-raise (and you have no evidence that the player behind you will raise) it's for value, and for value only.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:45 PM

I cannot for the life of me figure out why you did not bet this flop.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any mistakes?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop... Bet the flop...

[ QUOTE ]
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raises... check-raises...

[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Checks... Checks...

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Hero is completely lost in this hand. Fortunately, he gets bonus action on the river with a 3-way cap and gets a lot of money playing poorly. Horray for variance.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot for the life of me figure out why you did not bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time, I was thinking to myself that I had such a good hand I wanted to keep people in the pot rather than getting a fold. I was trying to slow play it I think... Guess I picked the wrong time to slowplay, probably should switch the action with this hand and the flopped quads that I posted earlier [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 08:56 PM

Top pair and a flushdraw is nothing to slowplay.
Also, on this board it is more likely others have caught anything with which they continue to draw.

When you flop quads, there are fewer hands that can connect to the board, since you have have them in your pocket.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:57 PM

It would be criminal to let CO check that flop. I think you have to bet the flop unless you are absolutely convinced CO will bet it.