Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Getting led into after PRFing

One LAGish limper from UTG, folded to you on the button who raise with 55+, A2s+, AT+, K9s+, KJ+, QJs+. Unknown BB, and UTG both call.

Flop is T62r. BB checks, LAG bets.

What range of hands do you raise with here. What range of hands do you call with. What range of hands do you fold?

Assume you actually did raise with the range I gave, if you have a drastically different range you would raise preflop with, please give.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Getting led into after PRFing

Why do people keep posting threads like this where than has been a million of them in the past. You CANNOT make a good judgement without knowing a lot more information. Asking for a blanket statement like this is dumb, but if you must.. just find the old threads(about 1000 of them) that ask the same question every other day.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:45 PM

I guess I will start with what I would do, but I really am confused in a lot of these.

Raise 77+. For 77-99 I think I bet most turns, and check the river (maybe value bet if it seems really safe)

Raise Ax if it connected with the board.

Call AJ+, KJ+, QJ. Probably fold turn UI.

Fold K9, Ax that didnt connect, 55.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people keep posting threads like this where than has been a million of them in the past. You CANNOT make a good judgement without knowing a lot more information. Asking for a blanket statement like this is dumb, but if you must.. just find the old threads(about 1000 of them) that ask the same question every other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what threads you are talking about. but this is a serious question. UTG was LAG, who could be bluffing, but the board is pretty drawless, so is less likely. You can assume BB is LAG, TAG, LP, TP, whatever you want to make the decision differently. I think the BB's player type doesn't matter all that much, except it might change some of the marginal hands you are raising with to folds or calls.

If [ QUOTE ]
You CANNOT make a good judgement without knowing a lot more information

[/ QUOTE ] than I am sorry, because situations come up just like this all the time. If you simply say, i don't know enough, that does not help at all with trying to figure out what is the most EV+. Even without accounting for every variable, often certain plays are likely to be correct.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:44 AM

bump
Old 10-13-2005, 07:50 AM

i'd mix it up here.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:27 AM

If he's tricky, I don't know about raising him with 55, 66, the lowest suited aces, and others along those lines. He's going to make postflop difficult. You will have a hard time extracting maximum value from him since he will have a large range of actions that can mean an equally large range of things.

That being said, I'd tend to raise TP, MPTK, PP>MP. Maybe call flop and raise turn with a set or overpair (sometimes raise flop). Sometimes raise, sometimes call with overs + DB draws. I'd be more inclined to continue if my hand has SD value (PP, the better A's). If you play back at him and he folds, make a note that he bluffs. If you SD your hand make a note of what he had on the flop that he lead into you with (TP, MP, BP, gutshots, overs, PP's). If you have a hand that does not seem worth it continue and you fold, be more inclined to do it next time. If you SD a low pair, or A-high and lose, be more inclined to dump it next time since you showed him that he probably needs a hand to win.

This situation is a gigantic "it depends." It has more to do with how he plays, and your image, than what cards you hold. I will leave with a comic from the MS paint thread in OOT. It's amusing, and true in these situations.

WiteKnite