Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Biggest losing day ever...

Hey i know everybody hates bad beat posts so I'm not going to post these hands yet...but I just got done with my biggest losing day ever. Won't give a dollar amount but it is not fun. I lost $ at the 100NL 200NL and hell I even tried the 25NL which is super easy usually and man I was losing there. I have stopped playing on tilt, but do you ever feel like there is a day where you just cannot win no matter how many hands u put in or how well you play. Man I am so frustrated right now. I cashed out my br and won't be playing the next couple of days, any suggestions on what to do with my newly acquired free time? or about the rest of my whining thread.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Biggest losing day ever...

[ QUOTE ]
there is a day where you just cannot win no matter how many hands u put in or how well you play. Man I am so frustrated right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's your problem right there. You're frustrated because you're losing, so you're NOT playing well, you just think you are. Taking a few days off sounds good. Get the tilt out of your system.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:25 AM

good catch, thx
Old 10-13-2005, 10:19 PM

My sense is that everyone (even top players -- except maybe Phil Ivey :-)) feel some degree of tilt when they are running bad. The sign of a great player is to recognize that he/she is on tilt and either get the tilt out of their system or take a break from playing.

BarryG talked about this in this book, and I believe he said something to the effect of having the discipline to stop playing in such situations was a differentiating factor that made him a winning player.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have stopped playing on tilt, but do you ever feel like there is a [b]MONTH[b] where you just cannot win no matter how many hands u put in or how well you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

just last night, i saw a clip of Doyle Brunson commenting after he won the Legends of Poker tourney that he had been on the verge of his first losing year in 50+ years of playing. it happens to even legends, sir.