Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:07 AM

Default This sits funny with me

The optimal way to play a loose table is to be tight correct? Then the optimal way to play a tight table is to be loose yes? So if you are a tight table everybody is playing loose against you cause that is the optimal strategy yet you are happy because you are playing tight at a loose table. Obviuosly aggressivness helps as well and reads but isn't this a little "funny"?

Cheers
Old 10-12-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: This sits funny with me

[ QUOTE ]
The optimal way to play a loose table is to be tight correct? Then the optimal way to play a tight table is to be loose yes? So if you are a tight table everybody is playing loose against you cause that is the optimal strategy yet you are happy because you are playing tight at a loose table. Obviously aggressivness helps as well and reads but isn't this a little "funny"?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]
What an amazing and worthwhile comment. Thank you so very much.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The optimal way to play a loose table is to be tight correct? Then the optimal way to play a tight table is to be loose yes? So if you are a tight table everybody is playing loose against you cause that is the optimal strategy yet you are happy because you are playing tight at a loose table. Obviuosly aggressivness helps as well and reads but isn't this a little "funny"?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Read a real poker book dumbass
Old 10-12-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you smoking?
Old 10-12-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

My lord, I need to start to only open threads from posters I know
Old 10-12-2005, 02:49 AM

Boo Boo I apologize for the other people in this thread who are a bunch of pricks.

It's not as simple as playing tight in a loose game and loose in a tight game. It's actually very different. In a loose passive game it's correct to play loose also. In a loose agressive game, it becomes correct to play tighter. In tight passive games, loose aggressive play is correct, and in tight aggressive games, well, you may be better of finding a better game.

Try not to think of playing limit poker in such general terms though. It's the individual situations that matter. You'll just end up in more situations in a passive game where it is correct to play your hand. Focus on learning to correctly identify these situations and all of this will become much more clear.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:53 AM

I believe that even Raymer said something about playing contrary to the general style of your table as being beneficial.
Something like that.

Sorry I don't recall when or where or any other details.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:58 AM

lol
Old 10-12-2005, 10:38 AM

This was a good post and pretty much answered the question.

Give the guy a break, he's a new poster trying to clarify a concept he's heard about but doesn't understand. That's pretty much what the board is for.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

loosen up at a loose table, tighten up at a tight table.