Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 04:57 AM

Default What should I do with small pairs from the BB against a raiser?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB
If the raiser is in MP or LP and I'm HU I'll usually reraise. IF he's in EP, I'll call and C-R him if rags flop or bet/fold if a high card flops. How do you play them?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: What should I do with small pairs from the BB against a raiser?

Don't bet, a raise from him tells you nothing. Readless I like a check raise here.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:30 AM

I am the spewmaster but CR flop and bet fold turn. If he calls turn and a non highcard comes bet fold river as well. If a high card comes on the river I am very uncertain..
Old 10-12-2005, 07:40 AM

He preflop raised from UTG, He is unknown. you hold 77 with one OC on board and its heads up.

The pot is small, He raised preflop, You hold 77, he is UTG. I usually Check-fold but then again i play .50/1 so feel free as to why you shouldn't fold 77 when the pot is tiny and in this general situation.

POKhER
Old 10-12-2005, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB
If the raiser is in MP or LP and I'm HU I'll usually reraise. IF he's in EP, I'll call and C-R him if rags flop or bet/fold if a high card flops. How do you play them?

[/ QUOTE ]

again. a read please.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:09 AM

Well if you put him on 88,AJ,A10s,KQ,KJs you win 33% of the time. Now its our job to win 33% of the time and lose the least amount of chips when we dont win. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A CR on the flop and a lead on the turn will win the pot vs KJs, AJ, AJs,AK(28% of his likely holdings). So (0.28+0.04)*6.5sb-4sb*(0.72-0.04)=-0.64 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This might be a little optimistic but folding on the flop isnt a better move(4.5*0.33=-1.485).
Old 10-12-2005, 10:35 AM

Am I the only one that thinks with no reads against a raiser utg this is a clear fold. You want to play small pocket pairs multi-way at an aggressive table. Calling raises with them heads up is -ev. Fold this pre-flop.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:56 AM

You are not alone [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
It is a clear fold here in my opinion. He raised preflop and might have a higher pair than you already.You are drawing to 2 outs then. Even if he doesn't i expect him to hold 2 overcards to your pair. If you knew that he plays very loose-aggressive preflop you could consider calling here. Medium pocket pairs play well multiway or heads-up if the pot is unraised, but not heads-up against an UTG raiser.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:57 AM

I have to agree fold to the raise with so few players and so little in the pot. Risking more chips to get a read on this guy could cost you much more. Calling gives you no info, he would most likly bet the flop no matter what came, unless he is very passive. His betteing from UTG usualy means a premium hand unless he is very loose. So the only way you get a real read on him pre flop is to reraise with your 77. If he calls he could still have anything from KK-TT or AK, AQs or AJs. Even if he is rather loose he could still have AJo, KQ. If he reraises you almost have to put him on a big pair. So I say fold preflop save yourslef 2 small bets and wait for a hand you can see a multiway cheap flop and clean up when you spike a set.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:00 AM

He raised UTG,

I put him on:
AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,99,AKs,AKo,AQs,AQo,AJs,KQs and maybe KJs oh and maybe ATs.... We have no read so some of these i'm unsure abut(ATs, AJs, 99/TT/JJ - Someplayers hate raising these)

Now, Whats the chances we're ahead of these Vs chances were not?

Pot is piss tiny too. lol

We are behind:
AA/KK/QQ/JJ/TT/99/AQo/AQs/KQs

We have to dodge so many cards, not to mention the pot is small, or have i already said that [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] lol [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]