Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Default big draw on paired board

After taking a break for a bit from poker to start a new job, I got invited to a home game. It's 25/50 limit, playing 7 handed with people from the financial world.

UTG (very rich, straightforward) raises, which means that he has any pair or two broadway cards. UTG+1 (loose and straightforward) coldcalls, which means that he has two cards. CO (decent player) coldcalls, which he probably won't do with offsuit dominated hands. I 3bet from the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] blinds fold, everyone else calls.

Flop comes down an interesting A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG bets, UTG1 calls, decent player folds, I raise, UTG looks at me for a second or two and calls, UTG1 calls.

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG thinks and checks, UTG1 checks, I check. Thoughts so far?

I need to evaluate the river. I don't want to get checkraised with somewhere between 0-12 outs, I'm probably never folding an ace, but I'm not sure if I can get a call out of UTG with a hand like QQ or JJ. Also, I'm having a tough time putting UTG1 on a hand.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: big draw on paired board

I take my free card, and call one bet if you make the straight, one if a K comes, 2 if you make the flush, raising if its one or less to you
Old 10-11-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: big draw on paired board

bet the turn.

call a raise. but bet the turn b/c you can be ahead. you have tons of outs, you can check the river if its checked to you again. only real concern is drawing dead but thats so slim given descriptions its clearly worth betting and risking a c'r. ESPECIALLY if you get bets from those with 4.5% eequity (drawing to 2o outs...lower pairs)

Barron