Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 02:56 AM

Default PokerStars Heads-Up SNG Software

I'm looking for advice regarding software I've created for PokerStars Heads-Up SNG games.

Basically, the software has the capability of recording the results of every Heads-Up game on PokerStars and spitting out results for specific players. Ever watch the $1k and $5k Heads-Up games and wonder how Lars-Magne, JERRY, The Grinder, Exclusive, HoldemPhil, stevesbets have done in the last day/week/month? I could tell you.

The point is not curiosity, however. It also has the ability to wait in an unlimited number of rooms (ie, $50, $100, $200, etc) and wait for a player who meets specific criteria. Once a player has registered that meet the right description, the software will automatically register me for the game, giving me a big edge, if done correctly.

My question goes along with this feature. It can record every aspect of the results of the game (not the actual cards played… yet) including buyin, win/loss, time, opponents, number of players (two or four), etc. From this information, a lot of statistics can be produced, including, for example, overall win percentage, overall number of games, normal buyin, win rate in the last six hours, whether has lost and is increasing his buyins to break even, net profit, dollars per game, ROI, etc etc.

Given the abundance of statistics, I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best criteria to evaluate someone on. Is it enough to say that if someone has a win percentage less than 40% to play him? What if he has played 10 games? What if he has played 60? What if he's got a 40% win rate but is up a lot because when he loses a few games in a row he jumps buyins, wins, and comes out ahead? Does it make a difference if the player plays $20 and $50 games or if he plays $1000 and $5000 games? How would you judge tilt? Generally, the less time a game takes, the more one or both of the players are on tilt. What else?

Any thoughts? Its more complicated than it first seems.

Also, if anyone is interested in purchasing the software, I can be contacted at DuncanNeverski@gmail.com. It can be customized for specific needs, of course.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: PokerStars Heads-Up SNG Software

I was thinking, maybe a player's history is not as important as the last few games today. I think I'd rather play someone who has lost 3 games in a row with a high win rate than a player with a low win rate who has won the last few games?

What do ya think?