Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Another bust in NYC (question, did not take place) whats your thoughts

I been playing in the city a lot. Just curious if you guys think the cops have gotten over this or if you think another raid is looming. Just a bit scared as the club i go to is pretty popular and is alway packed. I assume it would be of interest if there was going to be another raid. I hope the police realizes there are better things to do.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Another bust in NYC (question, did not take place) whats your thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
I been playing in the city a lot. Just curious if you guys think the cops have gotten over this or if you think another raid is looming. Just a bit scared as the club i go to is pretty popular and is alway packed. I assume it would be of interest if there was going to be another raid. I hope the police realizes there are better things to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The police generally don't call the shots on raids unless there is a complaint logged against the room (and then its specifically a multi-agency raid in most scenarios). The DA's office executed the request for the last two Manhattan raids.

Personally I think the city will remain quiet until the DA's office finishes with the existing two cases. Word on the street is that they expect the cases to settle with a financial penalty only assuming they cannot find links to organized crime (which they most like won't find since there was none).

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Another bust in NYC (question, did not take place) whats your thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think the city will remain quiet until the DA's office finishes with the existing two cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Another bust in NYC (question, did not take place) whats your thou

Dude, do you use a pattern mapper when you play, too?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think the city will remain quiet until the DA's office finishes with the existing two cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there may be more to my theory than it seems, the request may not have come from the DA's office; it might have been the Police department themselves. I have no way to back up this theory, only anecdotal evidence that suggests this time was different. In reality I hope I'm wrong.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, do you use a pattern mapper when you play, too?

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, this is pretty funny.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 PM

anyone hear about the latest bust last night? what a joke, day before the XXX too.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:30 AM

The club was raided on a Fri night, the night before they were hosting a major tourney. I believe it was a $150K guarantee. They had a big poster on the wall for it and a list of people for another big one one. They had A-rod and Phil H in there not that long ago as reported.

If your club is at that point, Fri and Sat night are the worst time to be there because the people in charge get boned a little more when busted over the weekend.