Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 11:16 PM

Default I\'M ALL IN FROM NOW ON...

pre-flop when I've got AA...anyone got a problem with that? I am sick and tired of the gd suckouts no matter if I raise pre-flop 4xBB, 8xBB or 16xBB, they call anyway and then stay to the river regardless of my bets. Why should I subject myself to sitting there wondering which card that falls next is gonna screw me? If I go all in right from the start I'll either win all the money on the table if everyone folds or, if anyone calls it'll be over in a few seconds when the computer spits out the cards in rapid succession. BTW, I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore...
Old 10-07-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: I\'M ALL IN FROM NOW ON...

That's one option. However they still might call and suck out 2 pair on the river.

Another option is to fold preflop every hand, no suckouts there. And if this is appealling, then why bother paying the blinds?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:49 PM

Hey, I'm serious here. Why should I agonize over whether he flopped 2 pair or a set after he calls my 40xBB bet on the flop? Or whether he hit the straight or flush when he calls my big turn bet? Or worse, what to do when he waits til the river and puts in the monster raise? Better to avoid all the gusswork and stress. If you lose that way, it doesn't feel like a suck out, you just move on to the next hand, over and done with quickly.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm serious here. Why should I agonize over whether he flopped 2 pair or a set after he calls my 40xBB bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't. If you agonize at all after a hand in which you know you played it right then you're not right for this game. You obviously have way too frail an emotional structure if this is the way a bad beat affects you and you should find a new hobby. If however you manage to grow up and get over the beats then no, I wouldnt advocate going all in every time you have AA but go ahead if you want, theoretically it is a play with positive expectation, just nowhere the near the optimal play for making the most money.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 10-08-2005, 12:14 AM

actually, in an online rebuy tourney, this is a valid strategy - the odds of you getting called anyways by at least one opponent are so much higher, it's almost not funny.

RB
Old 10-08-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if I raise pre-flop 4xBB, 8xBB or 16xBB

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're absolutely correct.
16xBB raise is clearly inferior to raising all-in. Especially if your stack is 25BB or less.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:41 AM

E, thanx for ur input, ur one of my favorite posters and i respect ur opinion. i need a lot of growing up today ur right. here's the deal, maybe i'm gettin outplayed on the flop, maybe i just can't let go of the rockets when i should. if that's the case, as u say it's still +EV goin all in pre flop, even more so i imagine at lower limits cause there's more callers. right now i think its the best move for me, thanx again. one Q for u if i may: i assume its still +EV if theres multiple callers correct, say 3-6?
Old 10-08-2005, 12:45 AM

i should clarify that i'm playing full ring cash.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:56 AM

yeah. i got that part.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one Q for u if i may: i assume its still +EV if theres multiple callers correct, say 3-6?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I honestly can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or serious but I have to know, how can you predict whether you'll get multiple callers or not? Honestly, just stick to raising 3x the BB if you're first in, and 3x plus 1 for each previous limper if you're not, with any hand you'll raise with. With AA or KK etc you can make a push your default reraise play if you want. I think you'll find this is a better strategy moneywise than a preflop push every time, but to answer your question, any time you get your money in with a hand that's favored to win it's +EV, and even though aces shrink against a big field, over time AA against any other starting hand or group of starting hands will prove a money winner.

Good luck,
Matt