Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Two medium pairs and a OESD.

[Hand 1]
Button is LP.
Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero...

[Hand 2]
MP3 is LP.
Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero...

[Hand 3]
UTG is LP.
Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero...

How much are these draws worth? And what should I do?
Old 10-04-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Two medium pairs and a OESD.

Hand 1 - Fold
Hand 2 - Call down
Hand 3 - Call
Old 10-04-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - Fold
Hand 2 - Call down
Hand 3 - Call

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2005, 04:28 PM

We afraid of a 6 here on hand 2? Seems a bit unlikely doesn't it?

*EDIT* NM, LP read
Old 10-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Is calling in Hand 1 that bad? Getting 7:1?
Old 10-04-2005, 04:29 PM

Hand 1 - Fold
Why is that? I am probably behind but I have 5 outs to trips or twopair and 1.5 outs to a flush, making me a 7.2-to-1 dog in a 7-to-1 pot. If I hit my draw I should be able to pick up 2 extra BBs from him. And as I want to knock people out I think I should raise. Thoughts on this?

Hand 2 - Call down
What are we hoping to win against here? What hands would he donk the turn with that I can beat? I have virtualy no outs here, only two tens.

Hand 3 - Call
Guess thats fine...
Old 10-04-2005, 04:34 PM

Hand 1 - fold - 3rd pair is unlikely the best hand, nor are you sure you will get odds to draw OOP

Hand 2 - any read? lots of players will slowplay trips until the turn. raise if you think you're best, call down if not

hand 3 - again - a read would be good here. With no read, UTG either has the flush or is drawing. I'd call and reassess on the next street.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:56 PM

The reads are there, look closer... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
The villians in these 3 hands are loose passive.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:17 PM

Hand 1 I'm definitely calling. We have slightly less than the required odds to call Button's bet on the flop, but there are 3 other players behind us, and are they all going to fold? No, they're not. Enough of them will call to give us the odds to make this call as well.

Hand 2, call down to showdown.

Hand 3, I would have open bet that flop every time. We have 4 to a flush, and an open ended straight draw. We have 17 outs to a straight, flush, or top pair! Since I accidentally clicked on "check", and UTG bet and everyone else folded, probably I might as well call. Raising doesn't do me a lot of good against just one player, and out of position, especially since the read given on him is LP and therefore my flush draw may be no good.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3, I would have open bet that flop every time. We have 4 to a flush, and an open ended straight draw. We have 17 outs to a straight, flush, or top pair! Since I accidentally clicked on "check", and UTG bet and everyone else folded, probably I might as well call. Raising doesn't do me a lot of good against just one player, and out of position, especially since the read given on him is LP and therefore my flush draw may be no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this. Many times our t-high flush won't be good. Many times our straight/top pair will be counterfeited by a flush. 17 outs is far too generous here; I'd still check/call, and be wary of what happens if a flush call falls on the turn.