Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Donk bet twice 10 20nl

6handed, villain is a solid player. My image is likely normal just sat down and haven't done anything big yet.
Stacks $2000.

Villain limps UTG, folded to me on button with
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I raise to $120 trying to get headsup with BB. But SB and BB fold and utg calls.
Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] villain bets $60 I raise to $240 and villain calls..
Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] villain bets $100 I raise to $500, villain reraise to $1100...

I believ the turn decission against reraise is easy but what about flop and turn raises? Should I just fold flop or call turn?
Old 10-02-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Donk bet twice 10 20nl

raising that turn is bad imo.

just call...and why did you raise the flop? what did you think he would have to do this with?

Barron
Old 10-03-2005, 03:54 AM

Trying to see if the opponent actually has something... as well thought I could get him fold at least 2nd and 3rd pairs.
Thought just calling that kinf of bet is weak.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:56 AM

you put an UTG limper who called your reraise on second or third pair on an 87j flop?

um... ok...
Old 10-03-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to $120 trying to get headsup with BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to figure this one out.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:06 AM

BB is horrible donk who will give lot of action with bad hands, and do not care about bet sizes.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:59 AM

i cant believe you have questions about any part of this hand.. villain limps utg, then calls your raise. he then makes a tiny bet into the pot after the flop, and then calls your raise. he then makes another tiny bet on the turn, and since you didnt figure out that he was screaming "oh snap i have aces" the first 3 or 4 times he yelled it, he basically check raises his stack after you decide to raise him with a hand thats clearly beat again. fold the flop, move on.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:03 PM

Often times I will fold this flop, but raising here isn't terrible because some QJ type hands might fold. But once you're bet into again on the turn, that's pretty weird. This board isn't draw heavy (only 56 off), so I don't think this is a blocking bet. A lot of bad players will bet small with really strong hands, trying to keep you in. You say the villain is solid though, so who knows. This isn't a situation I'd feel confident in. I'd call the turn bet and call a reasonable river bet, but would not be surprised if I lost the hand.