Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:30 AM

Default TT, standard or spewing?

1/2 limit hold'em, 10 handed, Poker Room

Villain is unknown.

Hero is dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in middle position.

Preflop:

3 folds, Hero raises, 5 folds, BB calls

Flop:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

Yikes. I always feel totally lost in these situations. I'm not sure that raising is a great play, but folding seems too weak, and I can't go into call down mode already can I?

Turn:

2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

I thought I might be able to convince a weaker ace to fold here, maybe get some value out of lower PP? Honestly I wasn't thinking too much at the time.

River

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hero calls

Should I be paying this off, getting like 7:1 on my money? Comments on all streets are welcome.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: TT, standard or spewing?

nh
Old 10-03-2005, 01:35 AM

Yeah, these situations are tricky. I think this is a good time to use a WA/WB (way ahead/way behind) line and just call down (betting the river if checked to). By raising this flop, you're giving more money to a better hand, but letting a worse hand fold for cheap.

Given how you played it, this is an easy fold on the river.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:35 AM

Shouldn't you be writing a paper you nit?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't you be writing a paper you nit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Abraham Lincoln can't help my [censored] poker game

Edit: I'm so tempted to post your 32o PFR from HJ hand.

That's a fuckload of acronyms.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
American liberal democracy has been influenced by many sources since its incarnation. From the Declaration of Independence to George W. Bush’s second inaugural, this government has shifted, transformed, and permutated in many directions; yet still it has remained centered around one common ideal: that all men are created equal. Recognizing this principle, great thinkers wrote of a commitment to that basic human freedom of equality, and thus shaped the United States for centuries to come. The Declaration of Independence first mapped out the American devotion to freedom. Throwing off and rebelling from a tyrant entirely uncommitted to the ideal of equality for all men, the founders initiated a new government dedicated to basic human freedoms. A hundred years later, American freedom undertook another transformation. Engulfed in Civil War, the United States still quarreled over the precise meaning of freedom. Abraham Lincoln, believing that all men were created equal, regardless of any extraneous factor, promised that a new form of freedom would define the United States in which a government would protect and defend all people. The Declaration of Independence and the Gettysburg Address both discuss American freedom and its intrinsic connection to American liberal democracy; however, the documents differ with respect to the degree to which freedom exists in these United States and the mode under which the government has responsibility to its citizenry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the eloquence.

I allowed a "to be" verb in the first sentence because I really wanted it to start out with "American liberal democracy".

I am so good at engrish.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:41 AM

That is an excerpt from a paper in a class shadow and I share. How's that english motherfucker? You like that sentence?

That's also his picture in the avatar.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... however, the documents differ with respect to the degree to which freedom exists in these United States and the mode under which the government has responsibility to its citizenry.

[/ QUOTE ]
i would really consider editing the bolded sections of this sentence.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:49 AM

I don't see you beating anything after he calls your flop raise. Especially when the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pops. I would give up.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... however, the documents differ with respect to the degree to which freedom exists in these United States and the mode under which the government has responsibility to its citizenry.

[/ QUOTE ]
i would really consider editing the bolded sections of this sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know i know, don't give me suggestions though. that would be bad. i am meeting w/ the prof tommorrow to go over it.