Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Standard HU hand

Button is Y_Do_U_Ask 38/17/1.8

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I would have called a non-spade. Ok?
Old 10-01-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Standard HU hand

Id check raise the flop. I think you have to call this river. Too often it will be some overagressive guy with an ace.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Standard HU hand

i know YDUA back from my 5/10 days.

i like the flop lead because he's definitely the type to raise overs on the flop if you just donkbet into him (or any other hand he wants to get to showdown for that matter) and folding out the sb is definitely a plus since your hand might be best but is still vulnerable. i think he'd follow through on the turn with a lot of hands that you're ahead of since he's pretty agressive but not a total idiot so you have to call there since you have outs and still might be ahead. he's checking behind his A highs and his smaller pairs, and value betting his kings and good tens. i know a lot of people have trouble folding for 1 more bet once you get to the river, but i really don't think you're good there 1 in 8 against this opponent.

well played.