Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 04:32 PM

Default KK, do I hate money?

Villain is 36/1/3 for 100 hands. He seemed capable of calling any 2. He was talking all through this hand, saying things like "hmm what did you raise with". After he pushed he said, "let's see what you have" Was the fold weak/tight? Does anyone call this? Does anyone fold this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter

BB ($49.50)
UTG ($92.80)
UTG+1 ($37.55)
Hero ($94.15)
MP2 ($41.85)
CO ($41.50)
Button ($65.80)
SB ($11.38)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.50, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($7.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5.

Turn: ($17.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $27</font>, Hero calls $15.

River: ($71.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG calls $57.80 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $129.05
Old 09-30-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: KK, do I hate money?

If you're going to fold to the inevitable river push, fold the turn. If you call the turn, he has $50 left in his stack. I don't think he's going to check or bet less than that into a $70 pot.

With no reads, I push the turn.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:45 PM

I would probably make it 6$ on flop, turn is more difficult, I might check behind here because you're really only afraid of club draw, and its headsup since preflop so it's not very likely. Then call/bet half-pot or so on river, don't go allin with only a pair without a good read imo.
Oh, and you say he'll call preflop with any two, so the 4 (K4 A4 doesn't seem too far off) isn't out of the question as it played out.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:47 PM

Here's the thing about the turn, if you're going to flat call his raise, you should be willing to call the push on the river, which is pretty much inevitable from him IMHO.

To me this hand plays right on the turn. Either you raise thinking he has a jack/FD/dominated PP, or you fold thinking he has a set. I don't think calling turn and folding river is the right line here. Curious about other's opinion though.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:47 PM

Well, I would have called this hand stone cold.
That J however is looking scary since I usually limp with JJ utg, never with Aces though - so call.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:48 PM

Change that 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I check behind on this turn and then call/value bet the river. I think you need to bet this turn. After he checkraises you, it's decision time... you're either willing to get your whole stack in there, or you have to fold. If you decide to paly, I like calling the checkraise and calling the inevitable push.

I am probably calling this river. This looks too much like a bluff.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me this hand plays right on the turn. Either you raise thinking he has a jack/FD/dominated PP, or you fold thinking he has a set. I don't think calling turn and folding river is the right line here. Curious about other's opinion though

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing. He could be checkraising on a flush draw, in which case pushing is clearly the correct play. However, if he's on a flat bluff, then I think calling the checkraise and calling the river is the much preferred line, cuz the only thing calling a turn 3 bet (unless he's pretty awful) has you beaten, but not all of the hands he's pushing the river with do.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:51 PM

yeah i think my screwup was on the turn. I think I should have made my decision there. If I thought my hand was good, I should have pushed right there. If I thought I was behind and was going to lay it down, I should have laid it down there as well.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Was he always talking through the hands? Just from this hand analysis it seems like he is looking for a call. Most likely JJ, UTG limpers Re-raise with AA-KK. Youve got KK most likely he flopped a Boat. Does he seem like the type that would call an UTG raise with AJ? With the 1% raise most likely not. Those stats look like the type of one who limps with good holdings hoping to trap. It looks like he did. The only reason to unload on the turn is if his hand was worth slow playing or he hit a set with 99. Be grudgingly I fold. The call on the flop and check raise the turn is a fairly common move in low limits. At the low levels there is not too much reverse psychology going on.

FOLD [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing about the turn, if you're going to flat call his raise, you should be willing to call the push on the river, which is pretty much inevitable from him IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Raise or fold at the turn depending on your read.