Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 04:00 PM

Default burried pair stud8 hand

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.25 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (4.13 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (4.13 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (6.13 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Total pot: (8.13 BB)

thoughts?
Old 09-29-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: burried pair stud8 hand

Either it’s a flush or you were blind-sided. Fifth looks like a failed check-raise.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:02 PM

if you are not going to bet fifth, fold 6th.

Nothing for the low and a weak high that could be WAY behind.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:04 PM

I'm not really feeling the completion under the gun with (QQ)5... when someone completes early with a baby up, I'll usually put him on exactly what you had... a big buried pair... you are losing all your deception value... I would either fold outright or limp in and try to trap a high hand later on if I improve

Mike
Old 09-29-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you are not going to bet fifth, fold 6th.

Nothing for the low and a weak high that could be WAY behind.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm 1:4.6 to river a flush, and am getting 1:5.13 odds to chase it. I should only fold if either he has an A flush, or if he has a made flush plus a low draw. Thus unless my math is off, either a call or a fold would have not be much of a mistake. My river call is probablly a lot more dubious.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:40 PM

With those cards to act behind you I dont mind raising up front on 3rd. It really depends on a number of factors which I am sure you are aware of.

Bet 5th. It makes the rest of the hand much easier.

As played I would probably call 6th and maybe 7th.

Edit: Your betting 5th to find out if he really has clubs. I would fold right away if check-raised.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:59 PM

if you were villain, wouldn't you c/r without a flush too? four flush plus any pair or flow will make sense as well, so I don't think it'll necessraily tell me anything. Since he bet/called 4th, I'm almost certain he'll at least call 5th as well. I probably have the best hand on fifth, but certainly not the most equity, so i'm not betting for value either. That leaves me just betting for unreliable information.

My plan was to check/fold 6th if villain caught any low/club/pair and bets out if I don't improve. Very few people will go for a c/r twice with a made flush or c/r with any of the draws on 6th that they might do on 5th, so I think I'd get more useful information on 6th.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you were villain, wouldn't you c/r without a flush too? four flush plus any pair or flow will make sense as well, so I don't think it'll necessraily tell me anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will tell you that you are beat! I think immediatly folding to a check-raise is probably not the best for a lot of reasons now that I think about it, but if you are getting check-raised by someone with half a brain then you are usually almost always in trouble. I dont see a lot of people trying to outplay each other playing in the low level games. If he check-calls 5th I would check-call 6th and 7th(with two pair ot better) because there are a decent amoutn of clubs out.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:57 AM

Now that I think about I could also EASILY imagine the guy betting 4th with almost any lone pair. ala split Ts or something.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:07 AM

I must have had a brain fart because I forgot it was a stud8 hand. I agree that 5th definetly could use a bet. C/Ring there would be too tricky for a stud8 game at this limit. I think mixing up stud and stud8 is really messing up my game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]