Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Another useless stop and go with TPTK?

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.67 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.67 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 20.67 BB.

comments?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Another useless stop and go with TPTK?

Why Stop and Go? He's not on a draw, it's WA/WB and there are no real dangerous cards on the turn other than maybe a J or a Q to give him a set. I think your hand is good the majority of the time here. I c/r the turn or three bet the flop. If he's still serious on the turn, I'm calling down. Your river bet is spewing IMO.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:35 PM

Button didn't raise the flop, so he can't 3-bet it...

[ QUOTE ]
Why Stop and Go? He's not on a draw, it's WA/WB and there are no real dangerous cards on the turn other than maybe a J or a Q to give him a set. I think your hand is good the majority of the time here. I c/r the turn or three bet the flop. If he's still serious on the turn, I'm calling down. Your river bet is spewing IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see what you're trying to do, and I think your thought process is okay, but when Villain waits till the turn to raise, the chances of him having QQ-99 go down, and AA and AK go up. I think I'd just c/c the river.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:53 PM

I think c/c river is best, barring any other reads you may have had for s/g ing.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't really give a reason. I think you are beat most of the time when facing this pattern, but you still have a hand worth showing down. Button raises after MP1 calls on the turn, so it can't be a total bluff or semi-bluff on her part. She must believe she has the best hand. You could be looking at a set, overpair, or 2 pair enough of the time. If she holds AK, then you want to keep MP1 in to the showdown. I don't think you are ahead enough of the time to risk another raise on the river.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:57 PM

Sorry forgot, villain is 21/6.4 over 35 hands, so nothing too special.

Yeah i see the river is spewing, just trying to get more aggressive, but this isnt the place. The sng confuses me im gonna stop doing it altogether. is the only place for a sng when you think villain is taking a free card? cause then its limited to TAGs pretty much and i should only use it once in a blue moon?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:59 PM

Did you use the Stop'n Go because you couldn't decide how strong your hand was? Or maybe you feared him checking behind on the river? I'd rather just check/call the river as his turn raise implies strenght.

Sometimes I like calling PF in this situation.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:05 PM

Thought this might be a good place to squeeze this in.

Whats the Stop n' Go move? Checking the turn then betting the river?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:08 PM

SNG: you bet, villain raises, you call, you lead the next street.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:13 PM

A stop and go is betting a street, just calling a raise, then betting out the next street as if the guy never raised you to start with. Sometimes known as a donk bet. Example: I bet the flop, get raised, I call, I bet the turn, I get raised, I call, I bet the river, I get raised, I call. Still dont' know, however, whether this is a trifecta or if that's only when we get check raised thrice. Enlighten me someone?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:28 PM

When you bet/call then bet out again on the next street.