Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 06:42 PM

Default What is my play here?

So I take my 3 and 9 year old up to the store for an ice cream last weekend. We decided to ride our bikes, and once we got to the store area, I made sure that they walked there bikes, so that they would not run into some old lady. We go in, and get our ice cream. My three year old is very happy, and not really looking what he is doing when he walks out of the store, when one of these biker fags comes riding up on the sidewalk with his feet clipped in the peddles, and my son steps right in front of him. He cannot stop and runs into my son knocking him over, at which point his bike fell on top of my son, and his arm got caught in the spokes.
At this point, I yell at the guy, and ask him what the hell he was doing? This was on the sidewalk in front of an icecram store, and not out in the street. I asked him again what the hell he was doing, as I picked up my son and made sure he was ok. The guy came back at me and said, why doesnt your kid watch were he is going. I lost it, I dropped about 10 F bombs, and got in this guys face. Another guy stepped in, and said that I should not cuse in front of my kids, and I told him to f off, and that this biker [censored] should not be riding his bike on the sidewalk. He sat back down, and my son was crying at this point so I sat him down, with his brother, at which point the biker walked away into the adjacent grocery store. Could not leave a crying 3 year old to chase this guy donw. I sat my son and he stopped crying, I looked up, and there was a huge sign that said NO BIKE RIDING ALLOWED, by order of cival code 105678. At this point my blood is boiling, and I did not know what to do. So what is my play? Here are what I see as my options.

Grab the guys bike, and break it in half over a tree.
Grab the guys bike, and call the cops, who will give him a ticket.
Take the sign, and rip it off the wall, and then shove it up the guys ass.
Other plays?

I will post the results later, but this is not a hypothetical situation. Fortunately my son did not get hurt, other than the new words he learned from his dad.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: What is my play here?

Masterbation
Old 09-28-2005, 06:50 PM

I'm sorry, but if someone runs into a toddler/little kid of mine through carelessness, they get punched very hard with the intention of breaking their nose.

The only way that won't happen is if I'm the only adult around looking after the kid, and there's more than one small child. The children's welfare is paramount. Here, I try to get him to wait by appearing reasonable, get the kids strapped in a car, then go back and hit him hard.

I would take no action at all if it was a genuine accident.

Cursing in front of your kids is awful - stop it.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:52 PM

Other: learn to control your emotions. I realize the guy was in the wrong, but your son was fine, no harm done. It's more important to set a good example to your children, and in this situation you pretty much screwed that one up.

Swede
Old 09-28-2005, 06:52 PM

Just break about 20-30 of his spokes.

You can take one of said broken spokes and SIIHP if you wish.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:54 PM

No other adult around, and no car. So I was stuck. Wold not have cused, but guys attitude was that it was not his fault. If he says he is sorry, I say fine, and walk away. But he acted like it was a 3 year olds fault. This was a sidewalk in a strip mall. Not a public sidewalk.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grab the guys bike, and call the cops, who will give him a ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be good to at least show your 9 yr old that violence is not the answer, but at the same time to stick up for yourself and more importantly your family.

Chill out, set a good example for your kids. If you get angry at someone, they can let the anger take over their emotions. Be pissed, tell him to be carefull, and ask for his name and phone incase his arm is broken or something, scare the F out of him. Cussing him out? Doesnt seem like the best play here.

[ QUOTE ]
Other: learn to control your emotions. I realize the guy was in the wrong, but your son was fine, no harm done. It's more important to set a good example to your children, and in this situation you pretty much screwed that one up.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Also need to teach children that if someone is in the wrong, this guy, by not saying sorry, and making sure the 3 year old was ok, that you cannot just walk away. Need people to be responible for there actions. Much more important lesson.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:58 PM

Im glad you weren't my dad.