Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Therapy for those that think Party 5/10 is dead

Could not believe this hand. I know that I should have likely saved my money on third, but there was a maniac to end all maniacs at this table, and he was making me a stack of money.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (17.20 SB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises

5th Street - (20.60 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises (all-in)

6th Street - (27.85 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in

River - (31.85 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in

Total pot: (33.85 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $255.50 | Side Pot 1: $80 | Rake: $3

Seat 2: [ 8h 7s 7h 6d Qs 4d 4s ] [ two pairs, sevens and fours -- Qs,7s,7h,4d,4s ]

Seat 3: [ Tc Th 9c 9s Jc 2h Ad ] [ two pairs, tens and nines -- Ad,Tc,Th,9c,9s ]

Seat 4: [ 4c Jd 6h 4h 6s Ac 3h ] [ two pairs, sixes and fours -- Ac,6h,6s,4c,4h ]
Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Therapy for those that think Party 5/10 is dead

WOW
Old 09-30-2005, 12:36 AM

I saw from the forum lobby that someone had posted a reply. I just knew that the first reply was going to be "wow." We were all thinking it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 04:12 AM

Although I know nothing about this limit, with 2 clubs out and calling a raise and a reraise I might be giving up this flush draw on 3rd.

It would be very different if there was no gap and less clubs out, or suited overcards but another $8 to you (and the prospect of more) would make me forget about it.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I know nothing about this limit, with 2 clubs out and calling a raise and a reraise I might be giving up this flush draw on 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Especially since there are two sixes out. I agree with you, it seems to be a clear fold to me.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:33 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Especially since there are two sixes out. I agree with you, it seems to be a clear fold to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an honor just to stand in your shadow Beer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 08:51 AM

I know people don't like to talk about it around here, but your third street error is VERY significant in my mind and consistently playing hands like this to raises at an aggressive table will get you broke. I'm just being honest. Call two more cold when it could be raised again? Clubs are dead. Your straight cards are dead. Your hand should be discarded.

Jeff
Old 09-30-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know people don't like to talk about it around here, but your third street error is VERY significant in my mind and consistently playing hands like this to raises at an aggressive table will get you broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ya? I talk of little else.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:19 AM

1. This gave me a hard-on.
2. Fold 3rd.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:21 AM

Jeff and Others - no argument on the third street play. Think I was a bit on reverse tilt - I had won so many pots from the maniac that I was getting sloppy. As you can tell, it seems like his play was inciting similar bad play from others. More discipline is in order the next time, thats for sure.

I'm going to have to start posting hands where everything is standard (the VAST majority by the way), or you guys are going to start hunting me down at the tables.