Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:45 PM

Default America Does Not Care For Our President

Check out the job ratings for Bush on pollingreport.com and compare them to Clinton during his second term. I was truly shocked by what I found.

Among the things that were interesting:

- Gallup now has 58% of America DISapproving of Bush. Clinton's HIGHEST disapproval rating was 42%, even at the peak of Lewinsky-gate

- Gallup had Clinton at 58% approval at this point in his second term; Bush is at 40% (Clinton's lowest approval rating was 53%)

- Clinton's average approval rating for his second term was 62%. So far, Bush's is 48%.

Clearly something major has changed since last November's elections. Except in the after glow of 9/11, Bush always had decent approval ratings, nothing great, nothing too scary. But he is now set to become the least popular president since Nixon.

I wonder if the Democrats will figure out that this is the time for them to finally get their act together and put forward a vision worth voting for? Otherwise I think we'll see a major movement to start a third-party.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: America Does Not Care For Our President

and he cares because? It might hurt his reelection campain?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:17 PM

Hurts me to say this, but I agree. These numbers will definitely hurt GWB's re-election campaign. I think the GOP will have to look for a new candidate for '08. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hurts me to say this, but I agree. These numbers will definitely hurt GWB's re-election campaign. I think the GOP will have to look for a new candidate for '08. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully this erases any chance he will try and alter the constitution to allow a 3rd term for GWB.

But more seriously if I were a Republican I'd be worried about 2006 and if I were a Democrat I'd be thinking about how I could make this election like the Watergate class of 1974 or the GOP revolution of 1994.

That said, I have my doubts as to whether the Dems can do figure this out.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:10 AM

I"m all for altering the constitution to let G-Dub run again. After all, he'd be runnnig against Bill CLinton.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I"m all for altering the constitution to let G-Dub run again. After all, he'd be runnnig against Bill CLinton.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd shell out to watch the debates on pay-per-view if necessary. Love or hate Clinton, these would be about the most one-sided debates in history - pass the popcorn! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and he cares because? It might hurt his reelection campain?

[/ QUOTE ]

He should care because with a low approval rating he won't have the political capital to push his social agenda. People don't run for president just to be elected, they usually want to do something while they're there.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:43 PM

George hasn't done much right, but he has worked his ass off shoveling tons and tons of pork to Haliburton. Look at the stock chart since we invaded Iraq and started giving Haliburton no-bid contracts:

Nice job, George!