Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Looking for a stand for my 2001fp

I figured this would be a better forum for this question than computertechnical. I just bought a 2001fp and i need a stand. For those of you that saw my last thread, I will be playing poker from my recliner. I need a way to have my 2001FP lean over my recliner so that it's directly in front of my face. I think the best option is something like the following, but both of those stands are over $100 which I think is way overpriced. I'm looking for something in the $50 range at most.

Also, these stands look like they would just fall over if I put them on a desk. How do you mount them?

Any ideas?

Old 09-24-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Looking for a stand for my 2001fp

I just ordered the top one for myself. It should be here on Monday according to Fedex. I found it for $92.74 delivered at:

https://www.provantage.com/pr_95419.htm

That was through a Froogle search.

As far as I understand it clamps to the table. If the clamp doesn't work I plan to drill holes and screw mine to the desk. That's what I could figure out from the manufacturer's website.

I don't think you will find anything great for $50 or less, but good luck trying.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:20 PM

You get what you pay for. If you get something cheap it will likely droop or be of cheap quality.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:42 PM

I would like to find a stand that will hold two 2 2001's. I have seen links here but cannot find them anymore. Anyone? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:22 PM

please let me know how this product is once you get it in the mail. let me know how the clamp is and all that. depending on your recommendation ill probably buy it, ty.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to find a stand that will hold two 2 2001's. I have seen links here but cannot find them anymore. Anyone? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try here...
http://www.lcdmonitorarm.com/lcd_arm_5.htm
Old 09-25-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.ergotron.com/3_products/f...el/default.asp
Old 09-25-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
please let me know how this product is once you get it in the mail. let me know how the clamp is and all that. depending on your recommendation ill probably buy it, ty.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll let you know on Monday.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:30 AM

The stand arrived this morning as expected. This was very quick using standard shipping, considering I just ordered it mid-day on Friday.

The product is designed and built extremely well. I would say it is definitely worth the $92.74 including shipping. I think it will do what most people need. The clamp is very powerful, and the alternate attachment method is very powerful too. Installation is very simple.

The weight limit is 18 lbs. My Dell is 8 lbs. so I'm fine. Double check the weight of your LCD (weight without stand) before purchasing.

Let me know what you think after you get yours.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:48 PM

After a full session of use, plus other miscellaneous use, I am happy with the purchase. It has eased the strain on my neck, shoulders, and eyes. It places the LCD panel exactly where I want it to be.