Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 07:38 AM

Default No Catchy Title

Lot of questionable decisions in this hand. Limp third? Fold to the re-raise? Check river? I don't know, that's why I want you to tell me.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (50/100), Ante 10, Bring-In 15 (hand converter)

Seat 1: 1,364
Seat 3: 981
Seat 5: 1,912
Hero: 1,452
Seat 7: 565
Seat 8: 2,324

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls

4th Street - (7.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (9.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (11.25 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (13.25 BB)
Old 09-26-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: No Catchy Title

I think it’s close between limping and completing on 3rd, but I like completing because spades and king are semi-dead.
Once he re-raises though, I would definitely fold. He is an idiot for limp-reraising with semi-dead kings, but that doesn’t mean you have to donate a large part of your stack to him.
The rest of the hand plays itself, up until the river where I would check behind.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it’s close between limping and completing on 3rd, but I like completing because spades and king are semi-dead.
Once he re-raises though, I would definitely fold. He is an idiot for limp-reraising with semi-dead kings, but that doesn’t mean you have to donate a large part of your stack to him.
The rest of the hand plays itself, up until the river where I would check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the guy was full of [censored] when he re-raised on third. Would've checked behind on the river if I didn't think he'd pay me off with pocket twos.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:43 AM

Raise 3rd but fold to a reraise. Everything else looks good. Sometimes, I'll check the river.
(this may be wrong, but)If he has kings, there are 4 cards that he can pair to give him a better two pair. Given that an ace is dead, there are 11 cards that could give him two pair and one king that would give him trip kings. 20 cards are exposed. 12/32 cards help him. If he makes kings up, or trips, he'd 3 bet. so, 12/32 you'll lose 3 bets and 20/32 you'll win 1 bet.

I know you can make a full house, but that's just a rough numbers thing. I think it's close. And I play real tight. So I'd lean toward checking.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he makes kings up, or trips, he'd 3 bet. so, 12/32 you'll lose 3 bets and 20/32 you'll win 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm… he can’t 3-bet. He can only 2-bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I know you can make a full house , but that's just a rough numbers thing. I think it's close. And I play real tight. So I'd lean toward checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, on 8th street. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the guy was full of [censored] when he re-raised on third.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then - call the biatch down. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]