Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Democrats can’t wait to bury their snout in the Federal Trough

This is just over the top, even for the Democrats.

Landrieu requests $40 billion for Louisiana
Old 09-26-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Democrats can’t wait to bury their snout in the Federal Trough

1) The bill was proposed by Louisiana's entire Congressional delegation, not just Landrieu.

From your article:

"Louisiana's congressional delegation has requested $40 billion for Army Corps of Engineers projects in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, about 10 times the annual Corps budget for the entire nation, or 16 times the amount the Corps has said it would need to protect New Orleans from a Category 5 hurricane."

Care to take a stab at the party breakdown of Louisiana's Congressional delegation?

2) Who's this guy?

I heard he played a role. What party does he belong to, anyway? Care to fill me in, slamdunkpro?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) The bill was proposed by Lousiana's entire Congressional delegation, not just Landrieu.

From your article:

"Louisiana's congressional delegation has requested $40 billion for Army Corps of Engineers projects in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, about 10 times the annual Corps budget for the entire nation, or 16 times the amount the Corps has said it would need to protect New Orleans from a Category 5 hurricane."

2) Who's this guy?

I heard he played a role. What party does he belong to, anyway? Care to fill me in, slamdunkpro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Both sides are equally adept at it. But keep supporting one or the other and slinging mud back and forth at each other, pigs.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. Both sides are equally adept at it. But keep supporting one or the other and slinging mud back and forth at each other, pigs.

[/ QUOTE ]

My response had nothing to do with the content of the Wash. Post article, had nothing to do with slinging mud 'at the other side' (if by other side, we mean the other political party), and everything to do with how the OP tried to frame it. My response was solely intended to sling mud at the OP's ridiculous characterization.

Look at the OP. He found the courage (or should I say foolishness) to blame the Democrats, and says this is 'over the top, even for them' - despite the fact that, of the 9 officials elected to represent Louisiana in the federal government who proposed this bill, 6 of them are Republicans. Sen. Vitter's name is mentioned no less than 5 times in the article as one of the bill's co-sponsors. You'd have to be illiterate/hope everyone else is illiterate to think that such claims like "Democrats at the federal trough again! How over the top!" would stand scrutiny, as anyone who even bothered to read the article would realize that wasn’t the case.

Truth be told, good for Sen. Vitter, Sen. Landrieu and the Louisiana delegation in the House. IMO, I hope they get the money there ASAP (at least, what's necessary - I realize the Post article noted some unrelated pork was involved, which I do not support funding).
Old 09-26-2005, 03:03 PM

I hate to say it but a lot of the space at the trough is already taken up by the Repubs. I get more and more sickened every day by this gross disregard for traditional Repbulican planks.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to say it but a lot of the space at the trough is already taken up by the Repubs. I get more and more sickened every day by this gross disregard for traditional Repbulican planks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the gross disregard for traditional GOP planks? They traditionally talk about fiscal conservatism and don't back it up when in power. Seems like they are sticking right to their "talk is cheap" guns.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:11 PM

Sad but true.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:26 PM

So what was your thought process on this one skippy?

Did you not even skim the article yourself, or were you trusting that none of us would? I don't see any other options.

Christ, even BGC tries a little harder with his propaganda.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:52 PM

Too much multi-tasking

Crow pie served and eaten. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is the gross disregard for traditional GOP planks? They traditionally talk about fiscal conservatism and don't back it up when in power. Seems like they are sticking right to their "talk is cheap" guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill out man. You do understand that fiscal conservatavism is part of the GOP platform. What they have done recently i ignore those planks. Also what do you define as "in power"?