Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Default HU and hit my trips.

This table just opened, I sat down hoping to play one or two opponents... but... the entire table filled up in like 30 seconds after I sat down.

Preflop steal is lose, I know. But this is 4 handed atm.

Anyhow, to the content of the post. What's your line here? Total unknown opponent.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero.... (asks 2+2 to come up with awesome line from here)
Old 09-24-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: HU and hit my trips.

T: Check/call
R: Check/raise

I only check/call the turn because I think a c/r on the turn will usually fold the opponent, the pot is not very big, and because it's HU, statistically there are not many ways one Villian could draw out on us. As a minor side benefit, if he has KK we lose less.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:44 PM

I'd probably check-raise and expect him to pay off a river bet with any two cards. Because you're obviously trying to bluff him off of his resteal when the scare card comes.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:46 PM

Hmmm. Tempted to go for the turn check-raise, and curse if it checks through. And bet the river.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. Tempted to go for the turn check-raise, and curse if it checks through. And bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this will get checked through pretty rarely. Villain still thinks he has Hero on the run here and will try to force him off the pot with alot of crap.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this will get checked through pretty rarely. Villain still thinks he has Hero on the run here and will try to force him off the pot with alot of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Unless Villain is worried about why we called his flop bet (i.e., he could reasonably think we called with Qx).
Old 09-24-2005, 07:15 PM

If I had a read that the BB was agressive, I would c/c the turn and c/r the river. W/O a read, I donk the turn, and hopefully get raised, so I can c/r the river. If he just calls the turn bet, lead the river.

-Jaran