Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2003, 02:30 PM

Default 6-12 hand from the other night

k [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] k [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] ep

preflop, I raise, folds to the button who calls along with the BB. 3 to the flop

flop

3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, button raises, bb folds, I reraise, button calls.

turn
6 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

I bet button calls

river

j [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet button calls

The button shows 9 3 off suit and takes it down.

Thoughts

After we lost the BB I figured if he had a 3 or pockt 8's he would have reraised me, or at least reraised me on the turn or river. I guess he gave my reraise on the flop too much credit. Would any of you have played this any different?? Should I have checked on the turn and river?? This hand confused me. Generally thinking I just think I got unlucky that someone would call 12 with a 3 9 off suit.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:45 PM

Default Re: 6-12 hand from the other night

You played it fine, I'm sure you opponent worked hard to get that money back to you in future hands from the way he played this one.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:48 PM

I probably would have put the button on something like A8s. First, he limps agains a raise with trash and then when it hits him he plays this passively? Bottom line, sounds like someone you want in a 6-12 game. You've got to be getting the best of it if this is his standard play.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:31 PM

I wish he would have stayed around long enough. He got called for his 3-6 game right after that and didn't play another hand. I hate it when that happens [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I got pummeled the other night with hands like that. I could have hit a 45 k jackpot but I had AQ and there was a K on the board. Both cards have to play.......... [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] not my night should I kept thinking.... "I should have left 200 dollars ago....." [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 03:38 PM

I would have played it the same way you did. The next play you should be making, is trying to get a seat change, so that you are sitting behind the player that was the button.