Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Best way to find really cheap car insurance

I plan on buying a new civic in the next few months and i need to get another company for car insurance. I currently have All State and they want 1600 every 6 months. No way in hell am i paying that. Ive done quotes for progressive and geico they want 1000. I want to try and find some smaller place to get the insurance none of these big places.

Im trying to get my insurance + car payment down around 400. so that leaves me with a insurance range of about 150 a month. I know there are places thhat offer alot cheaper then the above places. But i have no idea really where to begin with something like this. Is alll car insurance the same or should i watch out for certain companies. Ill be 24 in december and i know once u reach a certain age your rates drop but i forget when.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Best way to find really cheap car insurance

[ QUOTE ]
Ill be 24 in december and i know once u reach a certain age your rates drop but i forget when.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-23-2005, 02:11 PM

Are you under 21? 25? Do you have at least a B average? I go through American family, have 2 cars (only one has full coverage), and pay under 125$/mo.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:13 PM

Usually your rates drop when you hit 25 if you have a clean driving record. That is a general age however, as some may be higher/lower. I would look at the rating of the insurance company along with their feedback. You may find cheap insurance somewhere, but if it takes them 6 months to pay a claim to you if you do ever file one it is no use to you. Have you checked out progressive.com? They give you quotes from a bunch of companies along with theirs, and in some cases the other companies are cheaper. You can also call a local insurance broker near you. They usually have a handfull of companies/underwriters and will get you the best rate possible.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:30 PM

One of the most important questions here is where do you live? If you live in New Jersey take the $1000/6 month deal.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once u reach a certain age your rates drop but i forget when.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in Collifornia (and I think most other, if not all, states) it has nothing to with your specific age. Just your years of "driving experience."
Old 09-23-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the most important questions here is where do you live? If you live in New Jersey take the $1000/6 month deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live PA around coatesville which is about 45 mins from philly Its kinda populated but also alot of farms around.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
once u reach a certain age your rates drop but i forget when.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in Collifornia (and I think most other, if not all, states) it has nothing to with your specific age. Just your years of "driving experience."

[/ QUOTE ]

7 years for me. I know the guys i work with said he only paid about 1000 a year for a new mazda about 2 years ago and hes the same age as me but lives kinda out of the way from me.