Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Is it strange for a grown man, age 32 to use ecstacy?

So my boyfriend and his friends use ecstacy on a pretty regular basis. Now, he is no loser: he works hard at an extremely stressful job, takes his hobbies seriously, works out, eats well, and generally cares. Furthermore, he has no previous history of drug abuse, mental illness, or any other strange, damaging behavior. As for me, I consider what he does in his free time none of my business (as long as no one gets hurt). I mean, boys will be boys and I understand the necessity of that much anticipated weekly "night out".

On Sundays, he goes to a club where his best friend spins records. Once a month or so, they do ecstacy...stay up all night contently watching the alteration of shaddows and light, get massages from strange but beautiful women, and possibly waive their arms in a slow floating ecstacy induced pattern. Harmless (aside from the obvious dangers he swears are avoided by the right combination of hydration, vitamins, minerals and eventual sleep), right?

I am no prude, having tried everything once or twice. I smoke pot whenever I get a free moment away from my demanding daily grind. I even humored him once by sticking an E tablet up my anus. We sat at his house and talked. And talked. And talked. It was amusing at best. I woke up the next night feeling like the entire endless circle of conversation was just a web of promises already broken by the depletion of E pulsating through our bodies.

But hey, if thats what rocks his world.

Now, I am a 26 year old professional woman who smokes pot and giggles like a girl of 17 after dissecting a simple chore while mumbling in grand stoner tone ..."Whaaat?" So who am I to judge a man who takes a little E in order to unwind? Do I just "not get it" as he "doesn't get" my pot habbit? Or are we both experiencing the frightful late 20's/early 30's crisis when one struggles against the unfortunate natural progression toward adulthood? When IS it time to shed the illusions of teenage freedom and step up to the plate? MUST WE REALLY TRADE OUR BONGS AND GLOW-STICKS FOR MARTINIS AND GOLF CLUBS???
Old 09-21-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Is it strange for a grown man, age 32 to use ecstacy?

This is just getting too easy...

Pass
Old 09-21-2005, 06:51 PM

It doesn't seem that either of you have issues with it, so who cares? Quit when you feel like it. Until then, party on.

KJS
Old 09-21-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I even humored him once by sticking an E tablet up my anus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here... my kinda gal! End thread.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:00 PM

www.quarterlifecrisis.com

We don't want your kind around these parts.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:04 PM

I am calling BS.

No girl post about sticking stuff in her anus on her first post. Maybe on her second, but not her first. The other give away was how she likes to smoke pot and does not mind her boyfriend getting messages from hot girls while high on ecstacy. At least make it believable.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:08 PM

It's ok if the grown man is doing it with his kids and filming it for HBO.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:38 PM

I can see a femme using pooper, but anus does strike me as funny. I don't think I've ever heard a woman use the word, but guys tend to get the male equivalent of giggles over words like that. I dunno, I have my suspicions too.

If it's not a joke account, why worry if you are both getting along okay?

It sounds first of all like you are doing the female thing of taking random things out of life and turning them into symbols, and then turning those symbols against someone, so this does sound like it could be femme-written. You're taking this e-use, and your dope use too, as symbols instead of just what they are, and trying to attach some kind of grand or cosmic meaning to it. Very chick.

Resist the urge to dramatize your life and make random or meaningless things into dramatic ups and downs or revelations. They're not. The world is not all a stage and you're not the heroine of the story. You're just going to have to schlep through it like everyone else and maybe not get any Pulitzers at the end.

If there's a dissatisfaction or feeling of emptiness in your life that makes you want to dramatize it, you're probably too boring and indifferent, so find something meaningful and interesting to occupy your time, mind, and soul -- or even anus -- with. If you want a more interesting life, become a more interesting person. Don't try to fill voids with conflicts, moods, wishes, and attitudes -- actually go do stuff. If you want to be the star, live by doing more than just existing.

I see so many couples creating melodrama just so they can enjoy the make-up after, or feel like there is all kinds of drama in their existence, when really they are doing very little to inhabit their own lives, as if they were absentee landlords of their own bodies. Like clowns, they have no real confidence to try anything hard or even just new in life, so they just waste their energy by stupidly clubbing each other about the head with it.

Do you want a certificate or something to say you've reached adulthood? A visit from Mickey Mouse or a congratulatory handshake from Ed McMahon?

Just live your life.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:40 PM

E is the [censored], and its never too late to keep partying as long as its not interfering with other parts of your life.

Then again, if it was really not interfering then would you really post it here? Denial is a powerful thing....
Old 09-21-2005, 08:08 PM

I hope this doesn't mean I have to become a "grown man" by next year when I turn 32.