Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Know if i am winning or not.

Hove many do i need to play to have some ide if i am winning or loosing??

I have played 60 $5+50 sit and go and i have lost like $20
Old 09-23-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Know if i am winning or not.

hmmm....it looks like you are losing, buddy. Note quite sure, the stats you gave are hard to figure out.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:17 AM

You are definately losing. You have played a number of games, and the money you have know, is less than what you started with -> you have lost.

If you want to know if you are a losing player, play a few hundred/thousand more.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm....it looks like you are losing, buddy. Note quite sure, the stats you gave are hard to figure out.

[/ QUOTE ]

After only 60 games you really can't tell whether you're winning or losing. Play at least 250 games to get a general idea of how you're doing. It's easy to have a hot streak or a bad streak of 60 games. I've had stretches of 60 where I'm losing money, however over a much larger sample I'm winning money.

I'd suggest searching for Aleo's guide to beating the $10+1 games. That allowed me to easily beat the $5 and $10 games.

Good luck.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:37 AM

Oh, BTW, I was pretty successful at the $5 and $10 games. It wasn't until I played the $22s that I ran into a large losing streak. I actually thought that I was a loosing player until I had someone review some of my HHs and he convinced me that I was playing well. AFter several hundred games, I was clearly a winner. Stick with it.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After only 60 games you really can't tell whether you're winning or losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this all the time, and I really really disagree with the logic. 60 games is plenty of games to get a feel for how good one's play is.

If you are analyzing your play, 60 games is a lot of hand-histories to pick through looking at how you're playing. Look at hands you made money on, look at hands you lost money on, look at spots you folded. When you made it ITM, did you get lucky with incredible suckouts, or was it solid play that got you there?

Look at the hands you bust out with. Was it a solid +EV push that ran into a monster? Did you get all-in with a set and lose to a flush? Or did you donk your chips off with TPWK, etc etc.

Look at the hands you doubled up with. Did you get your money in with the best of it, or did you go runner-runner 4-of-a-kind to beat top-set?

There is lots of information to be gleaned after 60 games. It may not be statistically significant enough to calculate your true ROI, but it is plenty of games to get a feel for the quality of your game.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:02 AM

I've played around 60 $5's, and I'm up $150. I'm hoping that even extremely good luck can't drop results like this into my lap, right? Not at my comp that has my 1st/2nd/3rd ratios, but I have very few 2nds, lots of either 1sts or 3rds.

To the OP: Don;t bluff in 5's, ever. If people are betting their hand, you need to be sure your hand is better, and value bet them to death. Don;t try to pla like you see on TV, just sit back and play nice and tight.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:18 AM

Well if you count continius?? bets as bluffs then i do them much.

Evrytime i miss.
And why dont bluff. Are you going too check fold ??
That would be werry werry bad play. What i think.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played around 60 $5's, and I'm up $150. I'm hoping that even extremely good luck can't drop results like this into my lap, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

well 150/360=41.67% roi

variance can definitely make a -10% roi player be 41% roi over a small sample size such as 50 games...

when i started playing seriously and tracking my games, i was over 100% roi for my first 50 with 70% itm...needless to say, that was a heater...luck can definitely give ANY PLAYER 41% over 50 games
Old 09-23-2005, 11:16 AM

I looked now and it is 40 games.

And well i cant even remeber when i won whit the worst of it.
No suckouts when i have made it i have played good.
No suckouts.

But ofcourse look back at my game is not a bad ide.
I am going to find things but right know i dont feel like doing that.