Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 PM

Default There any reason to call this river?

Table is tight and aggressive with a couple of seats making it worth the time. The villain is not one of those seats. He's played a decent game up to now from what I can tell. But I'm not sure he's paying attention as I'm constantly astonished by other seats who don't seem to be.

I have limped a couple of big hands from EP and only played about 12% of the flops after about 150 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: BigEndian is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BigEndian calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, BigEndian calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, BigEndian calls.

River: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, BigEndian...

- Jim
Old 09-21-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: There any reason to call this river?

looks like your toast. I think this hand is much easier to play, however, if you 3 bet the flop.

lf
Old 09-21-2005, 08:25 PM

With the intention of checking through on the turn for a cheap showdown? Otherwise it looks like I'm lining myself up for a CR that I'm not confident is a definite fold on the turn.

- Jim
Old 09-21-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the intention of checking through on the turn for a cheap showdown? Otherwise it looks like I'm lining myself up for a CR that I'm not confident is a definite fold on the turn.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

If villian is as solid as you say, I think you can safely assume that JJJ77 is no good if you 3 bet and then get c/r on the turn. The way you played it you could just as easily have a smaller pair, or two big cards. Three betting says to the BB that you're already full, and are committed to the hand. BB could have anything, including an Ax he thought was good or tied.

lf
Old 09-21-2005, 08:44 PM

I do believe you're right, nh.

- Jim