Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Made hand, big pot, lots of draws

Should I have 3-bet the flop? Should I raise the turn for value? As a semibluff? I don't think I considered the size of the pot enough during the hand. Thoughts?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (19 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 09-20-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Made hand, big pot, lots of draws

i think i'd 3bet the flop and lead out on the turn.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:20 PM

I don't like 3-betting the flop, as you don't really have that much equity here. A ten is more trouble than good, your flush is gone and another is out there, and even a K or a 9 will see you chopping sometimes, and losing rarely. Also, you've got two players on either side of you and the raiser, so you won't be able to fold everyone out.

I like how you played it, though I actually would have donked it on the turn. The button's raise could have been for protection, or a free card, or a semi-bluff, so with the blank on the turn, I lead in to gague the button's reaction. I bet again if called, and call down if raised, given the pretty huge pot.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:12 PM

(Lt. Bump reporting for duty)
Old 09-20-2005, 11:17 PM

I'm three-betting for value here. No one's folding, you may be behind, you have bad relative position, but you have good equity due to your straight draw. Although you may make it and lose or split, I would go ahead and pound this flop since 4-6 players will see the turn when I raise. I may even be protecting my hand, this hand is so ambiguous.