Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 02:19 AM

Default 100nl hand, awful or decent?

pokerroom 100nl
just sat in, my first hand

relevant stacks
me $100
villain $160

preflop
Villain in mp1 calls, mp2 calls, hero in lp with A10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checks, sb completes, bb checks

flop
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot is $4.50

checks to me who bets $4, villain calls

turn
10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
pot is 12.50

Villain checks, I bet 8, villain folds

It was my first hand so I can only assume villain was on a weaker flush draw. Should I have bet this turn? Do I make more by checking here to induce a bluff? Or was charging for the draws better? The only drawing hand I cant check through against is kq, so is playing this passive a better line? Felt like I missed some money here
Old 09-19-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: 100nl hand, awful or decent?

kq only has 3 outs against you. 89 has 6 outs though.

but still I like betting the turn. you might bet a bit less like half pot to make it more aluring to draws.

we have no idea what villain held. he might have had something like 88, in which case checking the turn doesn't really gain you much because hes not putting more money in unless if he hits his boat.

but betting hte turn does build a pot for the times that villain has a J or T and the river comes a scarecard and he won't go crazy with a T due to the scarecard.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:41 AM

kq has 3 outs.... i need some sleep
Old 09-19-2005, 02:47 AM

I think you played it fine. nh. ABC poker wins, so says the Post-it note on my monitor.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:18 AM

I like the play. But I also think you had a great flop to your hand...

I find that ATs is a hand which, unless you make a nice draw, can get you involved in a pot that spells nothing but trouble. After all, if the Suitedness of your hand becomes irrelevant, the best thing you can really hit is a T-high flop... I know I'm not going to call if there is an A on the flop and one of the limpers raises before me.

Given the fact you're in late position with 2 limpers before you - I would probably make a standard raise here, being happy to take it right there, or gives me the possibility to come out with a continuation bet on the flop in another attempt to take it down.