Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 10:51 PM

Default 2+2 nano table hand

Despite the stakes, we are taking this game seriously. It's total TAG -- probably the toughest hold em game I've ever been in. This was also the most fun playing poker I've had in ages -- thanks guys.

I don't think my play here is nearly as interesting as that of McNeese (my fellow Louisianian). I was afraid of being outkicked here, but we ended up spliting the pot. Sorry to give away the ending, he had ATs in clubs. What do you think of his play and mine?

On the surface this hand seems totally boring I know, but for some reason I can't get it out of my head. Sorry if you think this is kinda dull -- indulge me please.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Greg is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO (McNeese72 ) posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Greg raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO :#A500AF(McNeese72 ) (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB (bottomset) calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
bottomset checks, <font color="#CC3333">Greg bets</font>, McNeese72 calls, bottomset calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
bottomset checks, <font color="#CC3333">Greg bets</font>, McNeese72 calls, bottomset calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
bottomset checks, <font color="#CC3333">Greg bets</font>, McNeese72 calls, bottomset folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Comments on anything on any and all streets appreciated.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: 2+2 nano table hand

I think he played it well with his kicker. He makes the most from you if you have a high PP (but not AA obviously) or one of the weaker A's like A6 or A7, but losing the least to AJ+.

My only concern is what bottomset is drawing to (maybe something like J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?). It might be worth a raise to drive him out on the flop.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:01 PM

Who is in between you and McNeese? I think this is important as it will change your raising range.

Without knowing I think McNeese should 3-bet preflop.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:02 PM

He should throw in a raise somewhere
Old 09-16-2005, 11:08 PM

I think he definitely needs to raise the flop the way it played out. Bottomset has a straight draw or a 5-outer on this flop a lot I would imagine.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is in between you and McNeese? I think this is important as it will change your raising range.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are not cupcakes! 2 TAGS -- brown trouts. One is PoKher -- I forget the other, but he is no slouch.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Hmm... I'm curious now about what bottomset had... JT? 87?

Hope your relatives are alright, Greg.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:31 AM

I think he played preflop pretty badly (I'd 3-bet if you've been out of line or are easy to manipulate and fold otherwise). In his case I'd recommend raising the flop to force bottomset to make a decision. On an A89 board that certainly needs to be considered. If bs folds and you call, he can check behind on the turn and call a river bet comfortably against you.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They are not cupcakes! 2 TAGS -- brown trouts. One is PoKher -- I forget the other, but he is no slouch.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was me and I was robbed!

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hope your relatives are alright, Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. No one I know died. My sister in law and her husband had to move away though -- they lived in Biloxi. I went there last weekend. I used to live in the area and it is really surreal seeing that kind of destruction in places where you used to hang out. I'm sure my old apartment in Moss Point got flooded, but I didn't check.