Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 11:47 PM

Default So my game fell apart this month....help.

Hey guys. Probably one of my first posts in SSH. A mainly post in the MTT forum, or STT forums. Anyway.

I have already gone from ring games, to SNG's, to MTT's and back again. I've been pretty successful at every aspect. Although, it seems everytime I get a decent BR I end up playing SNG's or MTT's, and last month I decided I would try to build a BR playing limit hold'em.

I deposited 600$...built it upto 1000 in about 2 weeks playing 1/2(1.7bb/100 over 12K)...then went to 2/4 and built that up to 1500 in about 2 weeks(1.9bb/100 over 9K).

So at the beginning of this month I had about 1500$ + 800 coming from rakeback, and decided I'd take a shot at 3/6.

For the first 6000 hands of 3/6 I ran at about 2bb/100 and everything seemed fine. Because I'd played higher level SNG's and MTT's the "trickiness" I heard about at these levels didn't seem to bother me. I didn't feel out of my league. Everything was fine.

Until Wednesday. On Wednesday everything came crashing down. And I don't know how to react to it. Since then:

4602 hands of 3/6: -.45bb/100 (stepped down)
8917 hands at 2/4: -.63bb/100 (now what?)

I am now totally baffled. I have no confidence when I'm in a hand. It seems like everything is working against me. And since I don't have a whole lot of experience playing THIS many hands, I don't know if this is just a bad run or what.

So I'd like you guys to take a look at my stats, and tell me what you think. My VP$IP, PFR, AGG, and most other factors are all the same from winning and losing. So, I guess I want to see if you think I ran good to win that money, or if I'm just taking a massive bad beat beating over the weekend.

3/6:

VP$IP: 16.25
PFR: 9.71
VP$SB: 22.65
Folded SB to steal: 85.71
Folded BB to steal: 57.97
Attempt to steal blinds: 27.9%
Amount won: -124
BB/100: -.45
Went to SD: 32.7
Won$@SD: 50.54(this seems to indicate running bad, this was closer to 55 last month)

2/4:

Hands: 8917
VP$IP: 16.93
PFR: 9.94
VP$SB: 28.95
Folded in SB: 79.78
Folded in BB: 48.39
Attempt to steal blinds: 27.4
Amount won: -225.28
BB/100: -.63
Went to SD: 33.77
Won$@SD: 51.79

Aggression Stats:

Flop: 1.8
Turn: 2.02
River: 1.73

I know this doesn't seem like a massive swing, but in comparison to the way I was playing it really is. I told myself I'd hold out until I hit at least 10K hands before I looked for some help..so.

Any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks,

- Brian
Old 09-18-2005, 11:51 PM

Default See this post for stats comparisons

I Hate You Tiger Woods - Stats Post
Old 09-18-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: So my game fell apart this month....help.

Swing posts.....
If your worried, go to .50-$1. But don't go out of your league again. BTW Im no statmaster but you seem like a rock.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Swing posts.....
BTW Im no statmaster but you seem like a rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!

These stas look fine. W$SD is on the lower end, but still reasonable. What's your W$WSF?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Swing posts.....

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!

These stas look fine. W$SD is on the lower end, but still reasonable. What's your W$WSF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-19-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Swing posts.....

[/ QUOTE ]
What?!

[/ QUOTE ]
W$SD is not on the "lower end".

VP$IP is low. You don't defend you're blinds enough and you don't steal other people's blinds enough. Over this small sample these may just be a function of not running very good.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't defend you're blinds enough and you don't steal other people's blinds enough. Over this small sample these may just be a function of not running very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, he's defending his blinds more and attempts to steal blinds more than the average winning 2+2:er at 3/6. Whatever that means.

I still agree, you should try to steal more. Defending blinds demands that you're capable of following up with good postflop play OOP against a pfr, you really need to feel comfortable playing these hands if you're going to defend even more blinds.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
W$SD seems to be at the lower end to me.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:12 AM

I've said it once I will say it again, 3/6 is in general a different animal than 2/4. You should look at where you are playing these games, make sure your table selection is where u feel comfortable playing. I feel better playing in a game with fewer preflop raises and fewer showdown at end %. Take a look at your table stats and make sure you are at a table u feel comfortable
Old 09-19-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Swing posts.....

[/ QUOTE ]
What?!

[/ QUOTE ]

VP$IP is low. You don't defend you're blinds enough and you don't steal other people's blinds enough. Over this small sample these may just be a function of not running very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Range for the winning 2er as 50-57 and he is at 50. Looks lower end to me. Plus, OP said he is usually much higher than this.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Swing posts.....

[/ QUOTE ]
What?!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Range for the winning 2er as 50-57 and he is at 50. Looks lower end to me. Plus, OP said he is usually much higher than this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll agree that my first, hasteful comments probably indicated that his stats were farther from optimal than they really are.