Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:56 PM

Default I didn\'t like this one

Thishand kinda bummed me out.. did I make a mistake anywhere or was it just unfortunuate?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (9.38 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (6.19 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (12.19 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (15.19 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: 18.19 BB
Old 09-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Default Re: I didn\'t like this one

I don't think you can caller river. I don't think you can win it. On 5th, i don't think you can raise with 2 people pairing door card and 1 with striaght or flush possibilities. . I'm split between calling or folding on 5th. at best you are behind to probably two people with 2 pair and possibly worse. doesn't look promising.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:21 PM

Reraise on 5th is very questionable... call on 7th is out of the question...the guy did not raise with air
Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 PM

I agree the raise on 5th wasn't the best move, it was a bluff to get the sevens to fold. But why not call the river? the only aggression from either person was seat 2 when he paired his door card (I'm talking other than 3rd street). There's no garautee he has a low at this point. The other guy likely has in that direction. Shouldn't I call to see if my 567 low is good given the size of the pot?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:35 AM

You have to call the river, either your 7 low or your pair of aces will be good at least one time in 10 which makes this profitable. A fold on the river would be terrible.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:05 AM

i cant find a fold on the river, but I don't really feel great while calling either. i think 567 could be good often to make it profitable though.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:41 PM

Please excuse my previous comment. I had thought it was just high. It would be useful for stud/8 to indicate this in the title of post.

Looking at hand correctly now, i would say that you have to call river. You will probably lose both, but you need to call.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:50 PM

Play much lower and a newb so JMO...

Looks good but I don't think the raise on 5th is great, you may get jammed in this spot, doesnt feel like a good place to push.

I make a groaning call on the river cuz the pot is so big. Sometimes I'll have sessions where pretty much every hand plays like this except I nail K + Q on 6th and 7th. That's the game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 11:39 AM

Folding the river would be awful.

I actually might have raised again on 6th. You are ahead of seat 2 in one direction or the other, and you'd like seat 7, who hasn't shown any strength, to fold. This might be foolhardy though, as your hand isn't great in either direction.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:22 PM

Pity that you got shut out, but I think you played it well. I do like the raise on fifth. You probably have the best low draw, and you may have the best high hand as well. I think that getting this one heads-up with position is desirable.