Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Why is Nebraska only giving 10 against Pittsburgh?

?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Why is Nebraska only giving 10 against Pittsburgh?

I dont know, but I was thinking about taking Pitt. 10 points is alot for NE to give when they have no offense. Most of their points against Wake came from turnovers/special teams play plus they only put up 25 against Maine. I'm hoping Pitt comes in pissed off because of their dismal national TV perofrmance last week. Obvioulsy you're thinking the other way, let me know why before I bet on it. Thanks...
Old 09-14-2005, 12:46 PM

the few books that have unbalanced action on this game so far appear to give more value to Pitt +10. the public money on Nebraska, of course, will always be there to cover.

too early to call 3 days in advance, but keep watching the moves.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:04 PM

>>I dont know, but I was thinking about taking Pitt. <<

Describing Nebraska as "mediocre" this year would be a complement - and an exaggeration.

But Pitt was truly, truly pathetic against Ohio.

Overall, this game shapes up to be plain ugly, and there are much better games out there this weekend. But gun to head, I'd spot the 10 and take Nebraska at home.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:50 PM

I think the line in this game is exactly where it should be. These two teams have a couple things in common: atrocious offensive line play, and lack of the type of players they need to run their offensive systems. Nebraska's pass blocking has improved, although still mediocre at best, but what's shocking is their horrific run blocking. NU got stopped cold on several 3rd/4th down and 1 or less yards to go situations against Wake last week. Take out Ross's 50 yard run against Wake, and they had virtually no running game. Add a half-dozen dropped passes to the equation, and you can see why the Husker's offense is struggling.

Pitt, however, may actually have a worse run blocking offensive line. These guys were getting pushed around by Ohio. If Pitt brings the same offensive gameplan to Lincoln they used last Friday, they're going to get smoked. I have a feeling, however, they're going to open up their offense against Nebraska, and try to attack their secondary, as NU's dbs have yet to be tested. Other than SS Bullocks, there's not a lot of experience in the NU secondary, although they have looked good so far.

There's more pressure on each team to win Saturday than probably any other game this weekend, for obvious reasons. I expect this to be an ugly, turnover filled game. If Pitt can put up 14 - 17 points, it's going to be hard for Nebraska to cover, due to their inconsistent (to be kind) offensive play. The Nebraska offense has yet to show that they are capable of having more than 2 or 3 well executed drives in a game. For this to happen, their Oline is going to have to play and execute alot better.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:24 PM

I knew both teams weren't that good, but I expected after Pitt's two games that the line would be bigger (public perception and all).

I'm skipping this one.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the line in this game is exactly where it should be. These two teams have a couple things in common: atrocious offensive line play, and lack of the type of players they need to run their offensive systems. Nebraska's pass blocking has improved, although still mediocre at best, but what's shocking is their horrific run blocking. NU got stopped cold on several 3rd/4th down and 1 or less yards to go situations against Wake last week. Take out Ross's 50 yard run against Wake, and they had virtually no running game. Add a half-dozen dropped passes to the equation, and you can see why the Husker's offense is struggling.

Pitt, however, may actually have a worse run blocking offensive line. These guys were getting pushed around by Ohio. If Pitt brings the same offensive gameplan to Lincoln they used last Friday, they're going to get smoked. I have a feeling, however, they're going to open up their offense against Nebraska, and try to attack their secondary, as NU's dbs have yet to be tested. Other than SS Bullocks, there's not a lot of experience in the NU secondary, although they have looked good so far.

There's more pressure on each team to win Saturday than probably any other game this weekend, for obvious reasons. I expect this to be an ugly, turnover filled game. If Pitt can put up 14 - 17 points, it's going to be hard for Nebraska to cover, due to their inconsistent (to be kind) offensive play. The Nebraska offense has yet to show that they are capable of having more than 2 or 3 well executed drives in a game. For this to happen, their Oline is going to have to play and execute alot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have just said Nebraska sucks, and Pitt sucks worse.

But your response was much better.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:31 PM

Good analysis. As a die hard Nebraska fan I have to say you are right on the money here. The one bright spot for the Huskers thus far has been their defense. The bad news, the defense has been playing against some pretty weak competition. The good news, that doesn't change this week.

I wouldn't touch the 10 points either way but I thing the true value on Nebraska games for the rest of the year is going to be the under. The under for this one started at 40.5 and looks like most of the money is being bet on the over. I think these teams only go over if there are a bunch of turnovers and some defensive scores as both offenses have shown no signs of life. I'm going to wait til closer to game time and hope maybe the number bumps up a little bit but its the only way I can see betting this game.