Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 12:20 AM

Default ZoneAlarm Warning for Eurobet

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I just upgraded my ZoneAlarm yesterday and I got this security alert when I launched Eurobet:

"CoralEurobetPoker.exe is trying to monitor your mouse movements and keyboard strokes"

I assume that Eurobet has been doing this for a while and ZA just added some feature that checks for programs doing this. I ignored the warning and hit 'allow', thinking that this must be some anti-bot spying on the part of the Party network. If that is what it is, then more power to them, but I just thought it was an interesting alert.

Dave S
Old 09-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Warning for Eurobet

If you don't give permission, you will lose the ability to chat and some other secondary features.

They claim they are monitoring for prohibited software such as bots.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the info. I thought that I had to allow them to do this or they would not let me log in.

I looked through the Eurobet website today, but I couldn't find anything that mentioned why they want to gather this info. On the Party site, their privacy policy mentions many actions that they will take under "Consent to Use of Anti-Cheating Software", but even there they do not mention checking mouse movements and keyboard strokes. I assume that the Party network is taking a more aggressive stance against AI programs, which is nice. I have to say that I am kind of impressed that they are taking this step, although part of me really doesn't like the intrusion.

I am also wondering how hard it is to fake human mouse movements for a bot. I can see that you could move the mouse around in some indirect paths, but would this still stand out? If they are watching my mouse movements, then they would see alot of bouncing around between open applications between decisions. This seems like it would be difficult to program into a bot. However, I am not a programmer, so maybe it is not that hard.

Dave S
Old 09-15-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't give permission, you will lose the ability to chat and some other secondary features.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like cashing out? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]