Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Default This kind of hand is why I can\'t win anymore...

I'm in the midst of my biggest downswing ever. I keep posting 2 BB wins and then 10-20 BB losses.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (1.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (3.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 4c 4d (one pair, fours).
UTG+1 has Kc Ac (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 5.25 BB. </font>

The moron didn't even raise me on the end!!! It's sooo frustrating. Seems like every hand I fall into some psycho-rock's "trap." I try to outrock them and still get roped in with the worst hand. I try to raise them more often and they always have me beat. I somehow make the best hand for once and everyone folds. It's hopeless!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: This kind of hand is why I can\'t win anymore...

just b/c he checked the flop does not mean you have to bet the turn. If he has any piece of that flop he has you beat.
I check/fold the river since he called your turn bet.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:24 PM

Here's another example. Basically the same thing, except I DID have to bet here...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Kh As (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has Ac 5c (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins 8.50 BB. </font>
Old 09-15-2005, 03:27 PM

You are clearly on tilt. Of course your opponents are bad players... it's a GOOD thing.

Just say to yourself "players like this are making me money in the long term". You can't top betting your trip aces. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 03:31 PM

I think I actually might be on tilt, but I don't see how my game has changed much. What used to work seems to no longer work.

Bad players or not, I don't think I ever learned how to beat the rock gardens I keep encountering lately. Nothing I do works against them. I HATE THEM!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I actually might be on tilt, but I don't see how my game has changed much. What used to work seems to no longer work.

Bad players or not, I don't think I ever learned how to beat the rock gardens I keep encountering lately. Nothing I do works against them. I HATE THEM!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had played his hand properly you would have lost more money, so be thankful he is so passive. Nothing else you can do in this situation, don't worry about it.

Also, I agree with the others, you are probably on tilt, take a break. Come back later.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to realize that the rake at these micro games is staggering. So maybe you can get these rocks to make enough mistakes to make for that. But to be truly profitable you need the loose bad players who make bigger mistakes more often.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:42 PM

I don't care about the results. You have to raise this river. I'd expect a donk like that to be two pair a fair percentage of the time.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care about the results. You have to raise this river. I'd expect a donk like that to be two pair a fair percentage of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising the river would be a mistake.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:29 PM

I almost never throw hand 2 down, probably will play the exact same way as you did. Is this a leak?