Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Playing the bad players

I'm playing on a $50/$1 table on bet365 at the mo and these tables are pretty tight but im playing them to clear a bonus.

There's this guy 1 to my right and he plays literally every hand and because the table is tight theres been a few occasions were its been folded round to him hes called and then im on the button with something like JTo or Q9o marginal hands.
I'm not sure what to do shud i be limping with him to take him on cos he's bad?
Should i raise to try and get the blinds out and be HU with the fish?
Or should i just fold because these hands are marginal and the pots tiny?

I occasionally get in these situations were i've got position on a bad player and i can play a few pots against him, but i usually fold because the pots are small but at the same time i think i'm missing out on profitable situations. Should i be loosening up with my starting hand range so i can play against this type of player or should i stick to my normal tight aggressive strategy and not worry bout it?

I'd really like to hear peoples thoughts on this sort of "problem".

One last thing the guy in question as with most of these types of players is very passive postflop so its easy to play against him.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Playing the bad players

Raise your good stuff, and stuff that's a little less than good, dipping down proportional to the likelihood that you'll be HU with this guy, and how that particular hand stacks up against his range.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:46 PM

This guy plays over 90% of hands so should i be raising things like Q8o, 66 hands that are barely above average to get it HU?

Plus the tables are quite tight so the chances of getting it HU if it's been folded round to this guy are pretty high.

Thanks for the reply anyway.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:27 PM

I don't have a lot of experience with iso raises because quite frankly half the table usually calls my raise making it a moot point, but if they're tight enough to let you get away with it I'd say maybe any two suited ten or higher as well as 77-AA, along with whatever you'd be raising anyway. This is depending on position, of course. You might do any unsuited 10+ and suited 9+, but keep in mind that the more you do this the more likely that someone's going to start noticing what you're showing down.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:19 PM

Anymore for anymore?

Anybody?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 PM

How do the blinds react if you raise (do they very often fold)? How does his post-flop play change (if at all) if you raise pre-flop (will he fold when he misses? will he call down with crap? will he get aggressive when he hits?)

Assuming the blinds are pretty tight and he is pretty predictable post-flop (and espcially if he is pretty weak post-flop), I'd be raising a number of hands equal to (1) an assload, less (2) that number of hands that will make clear to the donk and those behind me what I am doing.