Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 05:15 PM

Default RIDATA DVD -R ERRORS

No one is in the comp tech forum so ill try here.

The other day i bought a pack of 100 Ridata - r dvds off newegg for about 30$. I have tried to back up some things and so far 10 of the discs have given me errors only 5 have actually worked. I have had a good success with Ridata DVD +R in the past only getting maybe 5 bad ones out of 100. Im wondering if there maybe something wrong with my burner or could i have gotten a bad shipment of DVDs. Also could it be wise to switch brands after this. I want something that has good quality and is pretty cheep in price and i have gotten this in the past form Ridata but if this is a trend i may need to switch.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: RIDATA DVD -R ERRORS

I'm on my 4th 100-stack cakebox of Ridata DVD-R's. The very last cakebox had a few errors on less than a handful of disks, but that could have been a hiccup somewhere along the line not related to the disks. It's hard to say. But I guess it's 3 out of 300 that had a tiny error on one section. That ratio is very acceptable to me, especially since the first like 290 had ZERO errors, not a single one. Pretty solid product from my experience.

You can get a bad batch from any manufacturer. But check the reviews at Newegg.com; they echo mine, of a very high percentage of good disks. There are no guarantees, but I don't know how I could expect a much better record than about 290 flawless in a row, then a few small problems I'm not sure I can even attribute 100% to the disks. I was downloading stuff in the background and doing other things at the time while writing, after all.