Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Flush Draws OOP

Typical scenario:

100 BB stacks.
LP raises 4xBB.

Call with 89 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

??

I have my own ideas, but I'm wondering what other people tend to do with these.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Flush Draws OOP

You also have a gutshot straight draw here which makes a difference. Against a good opponent, who can lay down a hand, bet/3-bet is a good line because of the FE involved. Against the fish, c/c and see what develops often is good. You're going to have to make your hand because they aren't laying down a big pp. And if they have AK or some non-pp they might just check or donkbet.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:46 PM

Do you have any sort of read on your opponent? When OOP and Heads-Up facing a raise, I tend to fold these hands pre-flop. In this situation, you're normally too disadvantaged to make this play worthwhile.

You obviously caught an excellent flop, and likely have at least 12 clean outs. Your move here is read-dependant. If I don't have a read, I'd probably bet the size of the pot (or close to it). I wouldn't check / call because I'm in the same boat if I miss the turn (although I'd fire again after missing the turn if I thought I could get my opponent to fold). I wouldn't check / raise because a decent player would rightfully suspect you were on a draw.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:49 PM

If you think you will have fold equity vs an opponent w/ a high pocket pair, bet 2/3 pot on flop. When he raises, push.

If you don't think you have that fold equity if you play it that way, you might try check-raising all-in as it's somewhat more likely that type of player will fold to this play (they will have to put more money in to call and they won't generally be good enough to know you're drawing).

Ryan
Old 09-14-2005, 05:50 PM

oop i like lead/3bet if in position i like a read but probably a call unless hes got a brain then i like a raise.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:51 PM

How about check/call the flop, bet 1/2 pot on turn?
You can get some good fold equity this way, and villain may be worried enough to let you get away with the 1/2 pot turn bet instead of having to call his potentially larger bet.