Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Questionable river, actually questionable every street?

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB.

Villain is a donk, 35/10/0.5
Old 09-14-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Questionable river, actually questionable every street?

What is with these river folds lately?

Fold the turn or call the river, those are your options. What are you hoping for, to spike a 9?

35/10 means plays 35% of his hands, 10% of all hands preflop raise right? I wonder what that translates into for average hand strength... I know against a guy who plays almost every hand here I would be raising, and i guess he raises most of his good hands so you're probably alright here. I would have to see 35% at the table to get a feel for what his hand range is, but I'm a fan of this move.

I play it the exact same way you do (preflop depends, I'm not sure exactly what 35%/10% translates into of course), but I call the river gladly sure I'm good well over 30% of the time here.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is with these river folds lately?

Fold the turn or call the river, those are your options. What are you hoping for, to spike a 9?

35/10 means plays 35% of his hands, 10% of all hands preflop raise right? I wonder what that translates into for average hand strength... I know against a guy who plays almost every hand here I would be raising, and i guess he raises most of his good hands so you're probably alright here. I would have to see 35% at the table to get a feel for what his hand range is, but I'm a fan of this move.

I play it the exact same way you do (preflop depends, I'm not sure exactly what 35%/10% translates into of course), but I call the river gladly sure I'm good well over 30% of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pikced up a double gut on the turn. And this guy betting means he has top pair beat
Old 09-14-2005, 08:50 PM

I don't think k9o is good enough to isolate the type of player you describe.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think k9o is good enough to isolate the type of player you describe.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your minimum?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 PM

Against a 35 VPIP player I think I'm isolating with A10o+, KJo+, 77+ or so I think. Not sure if that is standard or not, just my feeling that 35 is not super high. I guess it really would depend on what type of hands he has been limping and how he plays post flop. If he is really weak tight I think the K9o becomes more playable.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 PM

looks good to me

edit:

pf is probably questionable, but i dont mind it

actually, how many hands do you have on him? if not too much id rather call the river
Old 09-15-2005, 12:18 AM

I like it. Folding the turn is bad, folding to the flop 3-bet would be better than folding the turn.

PF raise is iffy big time. Do you really want to isolate a loosish aggressive player? KJ, maybe KTs I make this play, K9 is marginal, but if you are a good postflop player.

Calling the river is not that bad, but folding...eh, yeah, it's correct.