Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 10:39 AM

Default What type of fantasy leagues do you guys play in?

What type of fantasy leagues do you guys play in? I was wondering because it seems eveyone here has almost all-star teams. I know in my league we have a draft and usually have between 10-16 teams. I know last year not every team even had a starting running back. Just wodering if most people have drafts, or play using salaries and you get so much money etc...
Old 09-13-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: What type of fantasy leagues do you guys play in?

10 teams, draft.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know in my league we have a draft and usually have between 10-16 teams. I know last year not every team even had a starting running back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd considering there are 32 teams in the NFL, it would seem that with less than 32 teams in your league could find a starting RB
Old 09-13-2005, 11:05 AM

Most leagues you start 2RB's and thats the way it is with out league as well. We start, 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 1DF 1K
Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

Two 12-team NFL leagues. One auction, one draft. The auction league is my primary focus. I also play in a 10-team college league.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What type of fantasy leagues do you guys play in? I was wondering because it seems eveyone here has almost all-star teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, it'd be interesting if someone industrious went through the "clark rates your ff team" thread and added up how many teams got which grade. There were some crappy teams.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 PM

how does the auction work, is there a cap... and is that real money your paying for each player.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:27 PM

I'm in two.

One is a 14-team league in which we get new teams every year. We do a hybrid, eight players each via auction followed by eight rounds of draft to fill out rosters. This is our 20th season with some of the original owners. Nobody has won more than two titles (including me, 1988 & 1999).

The other is a 12-team keeper league. We have 18-man rosters that include two inactive slots. Players placed inactive have to remain for five weeks, so you have a place to go with injured guys, or young projects, without leaving the free agent pool completely empty. Full rosters are kept year to year. Draft is by reverse order of finish, for rookies and free agents, and you must cut a guy for every pick you want to make, to clear a roster spot. This is our 12th year. I won four straight titles from 1999-2002, on the strength of Manning, Faulk, and Harrison. I'm in a rebuilding mode now with crappy RBs: Chris Brown, Marshall Faulk, William Green, Derrick Blaylock, Vernand Morency, Ciatrick Fason, and Michael Turner. Not an all-star team by any means. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 02:43 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
how does the auction work, is there a cap... and is that real money your paying for each player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, there is a cap ($200 in my league). Basically, someone throws a name out and we bid on him until bidding stops, highest bid wins the player. I suppose you can consider it real money you're spending on each player, as the entry fee matches the dollars available to spend.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:44 PM

sounds like a nice set up there. My league getts bigger each year, now we have 2 confernces, 10 teams each. I keep pushing for a keeper league but no go, they have been doing the league for like 8 years and this is my 3rd, so I guess most of them dont want to change. I like your idea of 2 extra spots for injured people, what site do you use to run your league? I use yahoo, anyway to exercise that option on yahoo?