Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Qxs in the BB.

Wynn 15/30.

The button in this hand is a Philipino pro who's name I don't recall off-hand. He's aggressive and has been doing a great job adjusting to a horrible 9 seat that's two to his right. In short, he isn't a rockish pro. The SB is probably well-known to people in these games. A Korean woman pro who seems like she wears a new outfit every day of the week, perfect hair and nails. She's more of the rock-ish type from what I gathered sitting with her and the other pro's friendly ribbings toward her. My image is tight, probably too tight as I haven't had much to play with. The button has been stealing my blind a lot.

I get Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB.
Button raises, SB calls, I call.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, I raise.

Routine yes, even given the description of the SB?

- Jim
Old 09-13-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Qxs in the BB.

[ QUOTE ]
Wynn 15/30.

The button in this hand is a Philipino pro who's name I don't recall off-hand. He's aggressive and has been doing a great job adjusting to a horrible 9 seat that's two to his right. In short, he isn't a rockish pro. The SB is probably well-known to people in these games. A Korean woman pro who seems like she wears a new outfit every day of the week, perfect hair and nails. She's more of the rock-ish type from what I gathered sitting with her and the other pro's friendly ribbings toward her. My image is tight, probably too tight as I haven't had much to play with. The button has been stealing my blind a lot.

I get Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB.
Button raises, SB calls, I call.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, I raise.

Routine yes, even given the description of the SB?

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes this is routine in my opinion. In a 3 handed raised pot, when you flop a strong draw like a flushdraw you should raise to eliminate the player behind you. This gives you the best chance to win without actually hitting your hand. If the button does fold and the lady happens to be betting a pocket pair you may be in good shape to take this pot down on the turn. That said, if you think that this lady would not bet in this situation unless she had trip aces, then it may be best to just call the flop. But even in this situation a flop raise may make sense if you believe she will just call with her trips and go for the checkraise on the turn(of course you will take a free card and foil her plans)
Old 09-13-2005, 03:25 PM

I feel pretty confident that this player will 3-bet me if she has an ace and lead the turn. I haven't seen her slow play anything as is typical for the 15/30 at the Wynn from what I'd seen.

- Jim
Old 09-13-2005, 03:32 PM

It might be routine, but not for me. You can still represent an ace with a smooth call (maybe even more than with a raise). Plus, anything the button dumps for 2 bets here, he'd probably dump for 1 bet.

Do you put the SB on a mid pocket pair that you think she'll release? If not, what? And what's your plan for the turn?

It's going to be hard to push either of them off any kind of made hand, and any ace will likely pay you off if your flush hits. All in all, I don't mind playing this one passively.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

Doesn't a flop raise almost always mean that you don't have an ace? Anyway, i think i like a call, see what the PFR does and then possibly raise a blank on the turn if button folds.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't a flop raise almost always mean that you don't have an ace? Anyway, i think i like a call, see what the PFR does and then possibly raise a blank on the turn if button folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm always raising any ace here.