Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Quiz - Family pot flop play with MPTK

First hand of table. 800 kabillion limpers. How do you play this flop?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>
Old 09-12-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Quiz - Family pot flop play with MPTK

Wow, I'm on crack...

Just call the flop, you arent "cleaning" up any outs by raising. Had there been a diamond on that flop, the pots big enough to jack it up
Old 09-12-2005, 07:03 PM

I think you can play it. All of your outs are likely to the best hand. It doesn't seem like it's a very aggressive table and even if it is raised somewhere behind you there will be enough people in the pot to make up for it.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:11 PM

All seem passive - raise for value, There is no flush are str8 draw here so maybe you get some people to fold out (incorrectly but may as well give them the chance). We would like to see any KQT, etc. out cleaning up those overs.

Waiting for turn raise will not protect as there will be ~12-16sb after flop and one or 2 BB on Turn gives most hands correct odds to call anyhow.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All seem passive - raise for value

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 07:16 PM

I figure if any re-raise they have a J, due to passiveness many will fold - incorrectly as I said due to odds but they will fold due to the raise implying a J, two pair, big pair or set that they think you are representing.

You have middle pair - you need to represent top pair then slow down if everyone cold calls. Best case you get it HU.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure if any re-raise they have a J, due to passiveness many will fold - incorrectly as I said due to odds but they will fold due to the raise implying a J, two pair, big pair or set that they think you are representing.

You have middle pair - you need to represent top pair then slow down if everyone cold calls. Best case you get it HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what "raise for value" means.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 PM

You're definitely playing and you couldn't have asked for an uglier board. You are way more likely than 6:1 to have the best hand by the river.

As for raising or calling. If you don't raise, the gushots (89s anyone?) have odds to chase. If you raise, the only chasers should be overcards and fish. Our big concerns are AJ and a set, both of which have us clobbered. So on the turn, we should have our feelers out.

If we raise and someone suddenly wakes up or wakes up on the turn, I'd probably fold.

That's my line.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:34 PM

sorry - I figured since folding is incorrect the raise was for value not to protect.

Is there more to this definition that I am missing? I'm not being a wise guy here I'm not sure what to call this type of bet otherwise...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:43 PM

9:1 is more than enough to continue on with a 5-outer, and the combination of position on the bettor and the large pot turns your action into a raise.