Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2003, 05:29 PM

Default Time to Stir it Up, I\'m Afraid........

....having had technical difficulties that last couple o weeks, I see this board has once again become dominated by lefty liberals who "know what's best for us". Yes, children, the P.C. crowd, the people who believe they own the moral highground, the intellectual elitists, phonies to the max, are trying to tell us their vision of the world is what's best for us. As usual, the good Dr will have none of this. None whatsoever......

Now onto a few random thoughts designed to stir the pot:
1) A post that the US debunked a Syrian proposal that all middle east countries rid themselves of nukes for the sole purpose of supporting Israel. And naturally, the knee-jerk, pompous oafs agree.....very sad! Your point is? We should have a weak Israel? So that the WMD developed and probably sold by now to the supporters scumbag terrorists of the world, [read: Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria......what's that you say? Syria! hmmmm, verrrrry interesting Sherlock] can be used to hold the free world hostage. Right!!! Good point bozo. Let the good Dr draw an analogy for you elitist "thinkers" out there: Tonto and the Lone Ranger are riding along when all of a sudden, they are surrounded by hostile indians (oops, native americans - so un-P.C. of me!). The Lone Ranger turns to Tonto and says: "Looks like we have a big problem Tonto." To which Tonto replies: "What do you mean 'We' white man!" OK Israel, if you throw down YOUR weapons and we'll throw down OURS. Right! And then call your local al-Qaida cell for some nuclear frying.

Off-topic: Does anyone get as pissed as I do when people, President Bush included, continue to say NUKE - U - LAR. Must be ebonics again?

2) The all-white high school prom night in Georgia - now this may surprise some of you, but while this is a legal event, it is equally as stupid as B.E.T. (black entertainment network for you uneducated, the naacp, or even your local OHC (oriental hootenanny club). As long as there are Jesse "the spitter" Jacksons running around playing the race card at every opportunity, shaking down businesses and organizations, there will continue to be caucasian back-lash. Sadly, kind of like the jews and the arabs. 2 wrongs don't make a right, so I think its flat-out wrong. While the governor of Georgia and school/county officials are taling heat, bigger shame goes on the parents of these kids IMHO.

3. Last random point, the French boycott, contrary to all those polly-anna naysayer, IS having an effect on the scumbag french economy. Good, gooder, and goodest say I. Eff the french whores, the canadians, germans, mexicans, turks, russians, and chinese (at least the ones not at the OHC)
Old 05-09-2003, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Time to Stir it Up, I\'m Afraid........

1) Those who would argue that it would be a good idea to de-nuke the Middle East including Israel, might also want to consider what would happen if the whole world were to be "de-nuked." In short order, only outlaw regimes would have nukes, and the USA would quickly be blackmailed or destroyed. Different cases, of course, but also similar in some ways to the principle that where guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns. Platitudinous but in many ways sadly true. If you can't trust them, you can't trust them to abide by a non-nuke treaty (case in point, North Korea). How much scarier would Kim Jong-il now be if we had no nukes? And to those who perpetually argue "relativism" or "what's good for the goose is good for the gander", I would say, if you blithely go through life that way, you're just asking to get your goose COOKED. And there are plenty of people and regimes out there who would be delighted to do the cooking.

2) I believe that "all-white prom night" was not an official school event. Apparently the kids planned it at school, and took it elsewhere.

3) Madonna just came out and publicly thanked the French for opposing the U.S. regarding the Iraq war, and said that in France she really "felt at home." While she probably won't suffer nearly as big a backlash as the Ditzy Chix, perhaps her sales will be somewhat affected.

Old 05-09-2003, 07:35 PM

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] well at strom thurmond high school here in south carolina...the seniors decided to break tradition and have an integrated senior prom. the main reason was that they had been together all thse years and had real frienships...and christians felt it was not appropriate to treat their neighbors in a segregated manner...this did not make any news...gl [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2003, 05:57 AM

scalf,

Nor should it make the news.

John
Old 05-10-2003, 02:24 PM

Clearly a well thought-out posts. The highlights:

-lefty liberals (glad you cleared that up. Do you live in a tall high bulding?)
-highground (that where the highlander lives?)
-phonies...knee-jerk, pompous oafs...bozo...scumbag...Eff the french whores (good to see you're still relying on facts and logic rather than mindless insults)
Old 05-11-2003, 12:38 AM

Default Nice, But Sad......

......You are correct that news of this sort won't make national headlines - shock sells, hate sells, horror sells, but rarely good stuff. People want dirt by and large. Give 'em killings, torture, rape, Jerry Springer, and they are right there! But, what is sad if you think about it is that in the year 2003, 138 years after the end of the civil war, and South Carolina kids finally decide to hold an integrated prom. I guess you gotta start somewhere so the kids should be applauded - but still, to think it took 138 years and 7 generations later? ugggh! Me-thinks we still got a long way to go.
Old 05-11-2003, 12:41 AM

Default As Usual, Mindless Drivel from the Left.....

....I'm not surprised this post irritated you. It was SUPPOSED to irritate people like yourself. Mission accomplished!
Old 05-11-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Re: As Usual, Mindless Drivel from the Left.....

Another great response - thanks! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 10:47 AM

Default Thanks, Glad we agree.....

....to bad your al jazeera terrorists were "outed" And you cried when we bombed their office!!!Ha, ha, ha, ha!!! My only regret is we didn't kill more of these impartial "journalists"
Old 05-12-2003, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Thanks, Glad we agree.....

I've never posted a thing about Al-Jazeera, nor have I followed their coverage. I am glad you're able to take pleasure in things like bombing, terrorists and killing though.