Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:47 PM

Default weird one

sb here is 30/13/2.4

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, hero......
Old 09-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: weird one

good post

I like your limp PF. I just learned how not be a LAG with KQ.

Betting the flop seems an option. You risk getting check raised and with all these limpers it seems that someone has an Ace so I would have checked it through too.

By the turn it seems pointless to bet. A small ace or one hoping to cr the flop may now be scared of diamonds, same goes with a 10, and a pair of 5's may be scared of the 6.

I would have raised the river. You can fold to a reraise and it seems unlikely that SB has an Ace. If he was scared of the diamonds on the turn, he would now be afraid of the straight. A QJ seems more likely but a smaller King seems the likeliest.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:56 PM

I like preflop, though I guess some would raise here...
I like checking behind postflop. I call the river. You could raise I guess, but too often they have the funiest things, I don't think there's value...
Old 09-12-2005, 06:00 PM

raise preflop.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:02 PM

raise preflop. Flop and turn good. Call river.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with this. Hero has position and 4 limpers behind. Most likely one of them has hero beat, but Hero should win more than 1/4 of the time. Easy raise now that I think about it. You also want to chase the blinds away. Another point, hero doesn't have to worry about unnecessarily building the pot, because it's already pretty big.

I'm also rethinking my raise the river advice. Hero is likely ahead here only 40-50% of the time. Not nearly a big enough range to raise with.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with this. Hero has position and 4 limpers behind. Most likely one of them has hero beat, but Hero should win more than 1/4 of the time. Easy raise now that I think about it. You also want to chase the blinds away. Another point, hero doesn't have to worry about unnecessarily building the pot, because it's already pretty big.

I'm also rethinking my raise the river advice. Hero is likely ahead here only 40-50% of the time. Not nearly a big enough range to raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think a naked ace isn't going to bet a turn after the flop was checked through? I don't see a flush happening here much, if at all. SB's aggressive, and I think he's got a pocket pair or a low pair more than 50% of the time. If we raise I don't think he's calling the raise much unless he's got a K or we're beat, though.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:08 PM

I'm just learning online six-handed but I'll give one thread a try.

"Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks."

Preflop I'd mix it up between calling and raising but have no problem with calling afer three limpers. This assumes you raise two limpers from the cutoff and button.

"Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks."

Why not bet after everybody checks? You probably win one time in ten coupled with the chance you will often get checked to on the turn (I'd take the free card then). If checkraised on the flop at least you know you might need more than one pair to win.

"Turn: (3 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks."

With nine decent outs to the second nut and three nut outs betting should be considered. But since you were not betting the flop you are more likely to be looked up.

"River: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, hero......"

At least call. Raising should be considered as long as you can fold to a reraise. Opponent could easily be betting a weaker king.

~ Rick
Old 09-12-2005, 06:09 PM

Why do you limp PF? KQo is not the best hand 6-handed.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you limp PF? KQo is not the best hand 6-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you advocating a fold?