Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 PM

Default How do I eventually get back together with this girl?

No SIIHP comments. Please?

So I know that I'm being a loser by posting this in OOT but everyone else does it so I figured why not join the crowd?

My girlfriend and I had been going out for about 3 months before I dumped her two weeks ago. She was working a lot during the summer and I was playing poker which was fine with me. We go to school together also. I understood that she had to work to make money and that was fine.

We had a great time during the summer and I couldn't wait for school to start so we could be together more. But she commutes to school from about 25 minutes away so I can't see her every day. That was fine with me but it seemed that she was losing interest in me once school started so I panicked I guess, and dumped her. We had it out then. There was no cursing but I told her how I felt about how I didn't think she had time for me and how she said that she would have time for me and that's why I had to do it. I then crawled back to her 2 days later and tried to get back together with her. She said no of course and that she just wanted to be friends for right now(yeah, the let's be friend line). We then had it out again and right now we are not speaking to each other.

I've hung out with 2 or 3 girls in the past couple weeks and they've all been great(one of them is super hot, like way more than my ex-girlfriend, but I'm just not attracted to her like I am my ex). SMy ex was the complete package(she was cute, smart, funny) and I guess that I just acted like an idiot by dumping her.

I assume that I'd have to start being her friend again before we could start dating. How do I start that process?

Yeah, I'm an idiot and a fool. And I know that there is a very decent chance that I'll never get to be her friend or date her again.

I do think though that some relationships have gone through far worse than this and that there's still a chance for us.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: How do I eventually get back together with this girl?

tl;dr
Old 09-11-2005, 06:11 PM

You need to cool it for a good while and approach her again from the friends perspective first. Then try to make her jealous and swoop in.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:12 PM

You [censored] up. Big. I'm in the same situation, but I've been patient.

And that's what you'll have to do. Let it be known to her that you made a mistake, but don't be a little clingy biotch and crawl back. The ball is in her court now. All you can do is make sure she knows what's up and see what she says, in due time.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:13 PM

I pre-emptively broke up with my girlfriend. Now I want her back.

tl;dr
Old 09-11-2005, 06:14 PM

Why WOULD she want to get back with you? You sound pretty immature. My advice would be to grow some emotionally, because even if you do get back with her, you are just going to [censored] it up again. Live, learn, expereience, work on personal growth and confidence, so that in the future when you meet a girl you really like, you dont screw it up.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:17 PM

do like i do, and get them drunk. simply exclaim how hot she is and BAM you've got her in the bag.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pre-emptively broke up with my girlfriend. Now I want her back.

tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

are you related to that cliff notes guy?
Old 09-11-2005, 06:21 PM

you [censored] up, join the club
Old 09-11-2005, 06:22 PM

I agree if you ever are going to get back together you have to start with friendship. I'd get your buddies together and plan a kickass party. With lots of people. Call her a week before and just say you guys are throwing a bash and she's invited. Tell her to bring friends. See how it plays out.