Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Just a simple math question?

6 handed 3/6 game on Stars, some ok players, mostly weak/tight, 1 luckbox lag (me). I'm on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 3 limpers to me, I limp, blinds call.

flop comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . SB bets, 3 callers, I raise, 3 people call.

turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], giving me so many outs I need to use my toes to count. checked to me. I?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Just a simple math question?

FWIW the action is a bit screwy. You said 3 callers to you preflop OTB. So one of the blinds must've bet the flop and then all three called in between. Either way.

I would have raised preflop.

I would check here. A bet can be for value here but getting check/raised on this board does not seem at all unlikely and when you miss on the river you can fold to a bet, and when you hit you can raise a bet.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:50 PM

I'd bet. I give you 15 clean outs, not including the Aces. That gives you about 30% equity, and you're putting in 25% of the cash. It's a thin edge, but I like to gamble. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check here. A bet can be for value here but getting check/raised on this board does not seem at all unlikely and when you miss on the river you can fold to a bet, and when you hit you can raise a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good point, but you can also check behind if they don't check raise. Plus, when they do check/raise and you hit, you're probably making more money.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:02 PM

i check behind on the turn

if you expected everyone to call this turn bet you could go ahead and bet for value - but chances are that's not going to happen

take the free card
Old 09-12-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet. I give you 15 clean outs, not including the Aces. That gives you about 30% equity, and you're putting in 25% of the cash. It's a thin edge, but I like to gamble. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind this assumes everyone calls. Note that approximately 100% of the time we have the worst hand here too, and we'd like the "free" card ourselves (this is part of the reason for the flop bet -- I recognize that our draw has improved though). Everyone will not always call and, though a bet may still be +EV FOR FOURTH STREET ONLY, checking here and folding/raising the river probably has a greater expectation for the overall turn/river.